Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

Where am I getting my info from.  None other than AT&T Reps. that have gravely misled me.  Today, I had to go to a Retail Store for a Rep. to tell me my FAN discount of 18% would apply to the $40 for the 1GB plan which makes more sense.  I was not done with my questioning there, and had to approach another in-store Rep. and this guy had NO clue about FAN.  This is really sad as there were several customers with the same question.

But I'm still at a point of confusion.  The last Rep. @ 611, prior to me going in to the Retail Store told me my FAN would not apply if I changed to Mobile Share.  What's up with that.  I definitely have to find out.

AT&T, why have YOU not prepared your employees prior to the release of this Mobile Share.

I worked for AT&T ten years ago, and there was NEVER a question I couldn't answer for a customer or solve their problem.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

I called tonight & got the same response -- that the FAN would not apply to the Mobile Share plans AT ALL. Guess I'll wait a few more days to see what happens.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

I am a AT&T customer and tried to set up a new mobile share plan tonight to see if my FAN discount applied. It definitely did - it showed the regular price
for the shared data plan and then it shows my discounted price next to it. So the FAN discount does apply to the shared data portion of your mobile share plan.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

12 years ago

Is it just me or is the Mobile Share Planner calculating incorrectly?

http://www.att.com/att/planner/

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@LatinKreationz wrote:

Is it just me or is the Mobile Share Planner calculating incorrectly?

http://www.att.com/att/planner/

just exactly what do you think is wrong with it, it appears to work as it should - be a little more specific in the error that you are seeing

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

I would like to know did you change your plan yourself online, and if so, how were you able to see your FAN discount prior to your next monthly bill?  The following statement is on AT&T's site.

"Employee, student, and military wireless service discounts will be applied to
your AT&T Mobile Share plan and reflected on your next monthly bill."

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

I went online & selected that I wanted to change my rate plan. the regular plans showed up & had my discount calculated. At the bottom I selected that I wanted a mobile share plan. When it took me to that page, the plans did NOT have the discount listed so it may be that my company's discount will not apply to the new plans :-(.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the quick response.

A Rep @ 611 told me my FAN would not apply in my case.  I did NOT see any reduction when I plugged in my chose regarding the Mobile Share plan either, so my discount may not carry over if I change.  As of now my FAN discount applies to my Rate Plan only, so I will be getting screwed.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

On our family plan, each member could call *3282# and get an update on the amount of minutes / data that was used...

Is this possible under the shared plan? ( so far it sends the group totals back ..ie. we have used 1mb out of 6000mb )

Is there a away that each member can monitor their usage w/out going to a desktop and logging into att.com?

with 2 teenagers I need to make sure that one does not overuse their allocation of bytes

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

@jacksonkanon wrote:

On our family plan, each member could call *3282# and get an update on the amount of minutes / data that was used...

Is this possible under the shared plan? ( so far it sends the group totals back ..ie. we have used 1mb out of 6000mb )

Is there a away that each member can monitor their usage w/out going to a desktop and logging into att.com?

with 2 teenagers I need to make sure that one does not overuse their allocation of bytes

Not sure what phones you have or how the app differs across phones, but the myAT&T Android app shows total group shared usage, and also splits out usage by individual user.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.