Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

12 years ago

Question i am confused on some post example I have family voice plan that has 3 smartphones plus one web txt phone(I pay 10 a month UNLIMITED data for this phone)
May I have the three smatphones on the new shared data plan BUT leave the NON smartphone on the 10 a month data plan? If yes What would I pay for the line 30 they wont allow the current 10 for line plus 10 for unlimited data? I like not to add the non smart phone to shared data plan.
Boy I hope I didnt confuse all that

thanks

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@trido wrote:
Question i am confused on some post example I have family voice plan that has 3 smartphones plus one web txt phone(I pay 10 a month UNLIMITED data for this phone)
May I have the three smatphones on the new shared data plan BUT leave the NON smartphone on the 10 a month data plan? If yes What would I pay for the line 30 they wont allow the current 10 for line plus 10 for unlimited data? I like not to add the non smart phone to shared data plan.
Boy I hope I didnt confuse all that

thanks

look on page 1 of this thread around message number 18 to see if that answers your question

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Ok so per my company's contract with AT&T, the rep read this back to me: "The FAN is only on the primary line." Does this mean that $90 (6GB) + $35 (Smartphone) would both get the discount since they are on the primary line?

See, this would be confusing if these were laid out in advance. I've heard three different explanations. When I got to ordrer online no discounts are shown.

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

The FAN discount that is only on the primary line for the old plans. on the share data plan, only the base data plan gets the discount, in your case, only the $90, according jamileh.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

I'm beyond FRUSTATED now.  I was just told by yet another Rep. that my FAN discount will NOT apply if I switch to the 1GB Mobile Share Plan.  This is really pathetic that there are so many different answers over the course of 24 hours.  And all this is coming from AT&T Reps.  I would think that my 18% would apply to the $90 portion which would be the price of my Data Plan if I were to switch to Mobile Share @ 1GB.  I just don't know anymore, and don't give  a ****

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

I just received a new answer: Only applies to the line itself ($35). LOL. This is laughable. I want a written statement. lol.

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

lol, anyone calling in should ask them what mycsp says about it. that's their knowledge database. either they aren't looking in there, or its actually not in there.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

@mjmbluford wrote:

@I'm beyond FRUSTATED now.  I was just told by yet another Rep. that my FAN discount will NOT apply if I switch to the 1GB Mobile Share Plan.  This is really pathetic that there are so many different answers over the course of 24 hours.  And all this is coming from AT&T Reps.  I would think that my 18% would apply to the $90 portion which would be the price of my Data Plan if I were to switch to Mobile Share @ 1GB.  I just don't know anymore, and don't give  a ****

The FAN discount would only apply to the data portion of the Mobile Share Plan, which is the $40 charge for 1GB of data.  I'm not sure where you are getting the $90 from.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@dom9360 wrote:

I just received a new answer: Only applies to the line itself ($35). LOL. This is laughable. I want a written statement. lol.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/td-p/3256...

by @jamileh Only the base data plan gets the discount, the devices do not

post 18 is her response and she is att

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

12 years ago

@mjmbluford wrote:

@I'm beyond FRUSTATED now.  I was just told by yet another Rep. that my FAN discount will NOT apply if I switch to the 1GB Mobile Share Plan.  This is really pathetic that there are so many different answers over the course of 24 hours.  And all this is coming from AT&T Reps.  I would think that my 18% would apply to the $90 portion which would be the price of my Data Plan if I were to switch to Mobile Share @ 1GB.  I just don't know anymore, and don't give  a ****

I just spoke to customer service and was told that the discounts will only apply to the data plan itself on the new Mobile Share plans. For example, if you have two smart phones and one flip phone on the 1GB plan the $40 data feature gets a discount while the two $45 smartphone and $30 basic phone prices do NOT get a discount. So, no matter how many phones you have if you subscribe to the 1GB Mobile Share plan you only get a discount on the $40 data feature. Same thing applies to all of the Mobile Share plans. If you subscribe to the 6GB Mobile Share plan with 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone you only get the company discount on the $90 data feature. On the 6GB plan the $35 smartphone and $30 basic phone charges will not be eligible for a FAN discount.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.