Mobile Share Questions

Professor

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Message 12 of 185 (58,065 Views)
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Mobile Share Questions

[ Edited ]

I'm beyond FRUSTATED now.  I was just told by yet another Rep. that my FAN discount will NOT apply if I switch to the 1GB Mobile Share Plan.  This is really pathetic that there are so many different answers over the course of 24 hours.  And all this is coming from AT&T Reps.  I would think that my 18% would apply to the $90 portion which would be the price of my Data Plan if I were to switch to Mobile Share @ 1GB.  I just don't know anymore, and don't give  a ****

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 136 of 185 (9,973 Views)
Teacher

I just received a new answer: Only applies to the line itself ($35). LOL. This is laughable. I want a written statement. lol.

Message 137 of 185 (9,931 Views)
Guru

lol, anyone calling in should ask them what mycsp says about it. that's their knowledge database. either they aren't looking in there, or its actually not in there.
Message 138 of 185 (9,858 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

mjmbluford wrote:

I'm beyond FRUSTATED now.  I was just told by yet another Rep. that my FAN discount will NOT apply if I switch to the 1GB Mobile Share Plan.  This is really pathetic that there are so many different answers over the course of 24 hours.  And all this is coming from AT&T Reps.  I would think that my 18% would apply to the $90 portion which would be the price of my Data Plan if I were to switch to Mobile Share @ 1GB.  I just don't know anymore, and don't give  a ****

The FAN discount would only apply to the data portion of the Mobile Share Plan, which is the $40 charge for 1GB of data.  I'm not sure where you are getting the $90 from.

Message 139 of 185 (9,850 Views)
Expert

dom9360 wrote:

I just received a new answer: Only applies to the line itself ($35). LOL. This is laughable. I want a written statement. lol.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/td-p/3256....

by Only the base data plan gets the discount, the devices do not

post 18 is her response and she is att

Message 140 of 185 (9,837 Views)

mjmbluford wrote:

I just spoke to customer service and was told that the discounts will only apply to the data plan itself on the new Mobile Share plans. For example, if you have two smart phones and one flip phone on the 1GB plan the $40 data feature gets a discount while the two $45 smartphone and $30 basic phone prices do NOT get a discount. So, no matter how many phones you have if you subscribe to the 1GB Mobile Share plan you only get a discount on the $40 data feature. Same thing applies to all of the Mobile Share plans. If you subscribe to the 6GB Mobile Share plan with 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone you only get the company discount on the $90 data feature. On the 6GB plan the $35 smartphone and $30 basic phone charges will not be eligible for a FAN discount.

Message 141 of 185 (9,836 Views)
Explorer

Where am I getting my info from.  None other than AT&T Reps. that have gravely misled me.  Today, I had to go to a Retail Store for a Rep. to tell me my FAN discount of 18% would apply to the $40 for the 1GB plan which makes more sense.  I was not done with my questioning there, and had to approach another in-store Rep. and this guy had NO clue about FAN.  This is really sad as there were several customers with the same question.

But I'm still at a point of confusion.  The last Rep. @ 611, prior to me going in to the Retail Store told me my FAN would not apply if I changed to Mobile Share.  What's up with that.  I definitely have to find out.

AT&T, why have YOU not prepared your employees prior to the release of this Mobile Share.

I worked for AT&T ten years ago, and there was NEVER a question I couldn't answer for a customer or solve their problem.

Message 142 of 185 (9,798 Views)
Tutor

I called tonight & got the same response -- that the FAN would not apply to the Mobile Share plans AT ALL. Guess I'll wait a few more days to see what happens.
Message 143 of 185 (9,696 Views)
Teacher

I am a AT&T customer and tried to set up a new mobile share plan tonight to see if my FAN discount applied. It definitely did - it showed the regular price
for the shared data plan and then it shows my discounted price next to it. So the FAN discount does apply to the shared data portion of your mobile share plan.
Message 144 of 185 (9,678 Views)

Is it just me or is the Mobile Share Planner calculating incorrectly?

http://www.att.com/att/planner/

Message 145 of 185 (9,618 Views)
Expert

LatinKreationz wrote:

Is it just me or is the Mobile Share Planner calculating incorrectly?

http://www.att.com/att/planner/

just exactly what do you think is wrong with it, it appears to work as it should - be a little more specific in the error that you are seeing

Message 146 of 185 (9,534 Views)
Explorer

I would like to know did you change your plan yourself online, and if so, how were you able to see your FAN discount prior to your next monthly bill?  The following statement is on AT&T's site.

"Employee, student, and military wireless service discounts will be applied to
your AT&T Mobile Share plan and reflected on your next monthly bill."

Message 147 of 185 (9,509 Views)
Tutor

I went online & selected that I wanted to change my rate plan. the regular plans showed up & had my discount calculated. At the bottom I selected that I wanted a mobile share plan. When it took me to that page, the plans did NOT have the discount listed so it may be that my company's discount will not apply to the new plans :-(.
Message 148 of 185 (9,495 Views)
Explorer

Thanks for the quick response.

A Rep @ 611 told me my FAN would not apply in my case.  I did NOT see any reduction when I plugged in my chose regarding the Mobile Share plan either, so my discount may not carry over if I change.  As of now my FAN discount applies to my Rate Plan only, so I will be getting screwed.

Message 149 of 185 (9,493 Views)
Teacher

On our family plan, each member could call *3282# and get an update on the amount of minutes / data that was used...

Is this possible under the shared plan? ( so far it sends the group totals back ..ie. we have used 1mb out of 6000mb )

Is there a away that each member can monitor their usage w/out going to a desktop and logging into att.com?

with 2 teenagers I need to make sure that one does not overuse their allocation of bytes

Message 150 of 185 (9,487 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.