Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

So, does this mean that the FAN discounts (I have Time Warner), ONLY apply to the data plan, or do they apply to the data plan plus the 1st device, and then all additional devices after the 1st will not be discount-eligible?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@jpmerriman wrote:

So, does this mean that the FAN discounts (I have Time Warner), ONLY apply to the data plan, or do they apply to the data plan plus the 1st device, and then all additional devices after the 1st will not be discount-eligible?

answered earlier - only the data plan, not the devices

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

12 years ago

I am seriously looking at the shared data plan.  Looking at my bill with 3 smartphones, unlimited messaging, and 3 GB packages on the phones, I am paying $200 a month (not including taxes).  Actual data usage is usually a little over 1GB a month for my son and I and maybe 500MB for my girlfriend, for a total of 2.5GB.  I can get unlimited talk and text and 4GB for $190 ($70 + $40 per phone), which ought to cover it, or 6GB for $195 ($90 and $35 per phone), which is well over what I need.  

I do wish they would put in some kind of rollover for unused data, though.  It gives a nice cushion in case you have a high usage month.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Why is there a big jump between 1 GB and 4GB...nothing in between??

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I wish there was a 2GB or 3GB plan, that would make it worth while. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, email is included in the Mobile Share plan. It will count as data towards whichever data allotment you select on your plan.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

12 years ago

I am honestly disappointed that AT&T is not allowing existing iPhone owners to use Facetime over cellular in iOS 6 unless they sign up for the new Mobile Share plans. Don't get me wrong, the pricing of the Mobile Share plans seem reasonable. But I hardly make any phone calls with my cell phone so I don't need unlimited minutes. Too bad they won't let you use Facetime over cellular on the existing 3GB data plans.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

12 years ago

I think the 1GB plan is mainly for people on existing family plans that have the 300MB data plans and don't really use a lot of data each month. I personally don't see how anybody could possibly stay under 300MB a month. As far as a family data plan is concerned I think 4GB is probably the minimum amount anybody should purchase.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Wait, wait..... whaaaat? $40 for 1GB of data? $90 for 6GB? Have you gone completely and irreversibly mad? My wife currently pays $25 for 2GB of data and now you are asking for $40 for 1GB of shared data? Mad is not the correct word, you are common thugs! No where in the developed world is such a basic service so ridiculously inflated. AT&T would not survive a day in Europe with these prices. Internet access prices go down with time, not up!

Regulators and consumer protection agencies should utterly and completely dismantle this abusive telecom oligopoly that we live in, and in doing so, invite a frenzy of competition against this nonsense. 

Rgrds.

P.d. The same goes to home internet access but that's a story for different day. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.