Mobile Share Questions

Professor

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Message 12 of 185 (58,033 Views)
Expert

Re: AT&T Family Shared Data Plans

shoman94 wrote:

You forgot another smartphone.

Isn't it $70 for the plan then 2 smartphones so $80 and $10 for the tablet....so thats $160 for the new plan?

price out the competitors.....

Message 106 of 185 (9,653 Views)
Teacher

Re: More data share questions.

Maybe three of the lines have unlimited data and the OP wants to keep that option available...
Message 107 of 185 (9,419 Views)
Scholar

I don't care about the competitors. All I know is I've been with AT&T for 15 yrs and the plans just get less and less appealing.

Message 108 of 185 (9,632 Views)
Expert

shoman94 wrote:

I don't care about the competitors. All I know is I've been with AT&T for 15 yrs and the plans just get less and less appealing.

unlike the competiters you are not being forced into this transistion, you have the choice of staying with your current plan or moving. Key words are you have the option. Not really sure why anyone expected the shared data plan to be cheap, but they can save money for a certain line of customers, one size does not fit all. For me they are ot worth it, I will stay with what I have currently, the price of the shared data is about what I expected it to be, maybe a little lower back when it was still a rumor

Message 109 of 185 (9,609 Views)
Voyager

Re: Mobile Share Questions

If i signed up for mobile share plan can i use it as Personal Hotspot on iphone ??

Message 110 of 185 (9,558 Views)
Former Community Manager

Yes, all Mobile Share plans include mobile hotspot on applicable devices (of which the iPhone is one).

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 111 of 185 (9,542 Views)
Contributor

So, does this mean that the FAN discounts (I have Time Warner), ONLY apply to the data plan, or do they apply to the data plan plus the 1st device, and then all additional devices after the 1st will not be discount-eligible?

Message 112 of 185 (9,518 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

jpmerriman wrote:

So, does this mean that the FAN discounts (I have Time Warner), ONLY apply to the data plan, or do they apply to the data plan plus the 1st device, and then all additional devices after the 1st will not be discount-eligible?

answered earlier - only the data plan, not the devices

Message 113 of 185 (9,513 Views)
Professor

Re: Mobile Share is on Its Way!

I am seriously looking at the shared data plan.  Looking at my bill with 3 smartphones, unlimited messaging, and 3 GB packages on the phones, I am paying $200 a month (not including taxes).  Actual data usage is usually a little over 1GB a month for my son and I and maybe 500MB for my girlfriend, for a total of 2.5GB.  I can get unlimited talk and text and 4GB for $190 ($70 + $40 per phone), which ought to cover it, or 6GB for $195 ($90 and $35 per phone), which is well over what I need.  

I do wish they would put in some kind of rollover for unused data, though.  It gives a nice cushion in case you have a high usage month.

Message 114 of 185 (9,478 Views)
Tutor

Mobile Share Plans???

Why is there a big jump between 1 GB and 4GB...nothing in between??

Message 115 of 185 (9,457 Views)
Tutor

I wish there was a 2GB or 3GB plan, that would make it worth while. 

Message 116 of 185 (9,446 Views)
Contributor

Will Shared Data Plans include email?

Message 117 of 185 (9,439 Views)

Re: Will Shared Data Plans include email?

Yes, email is included in the Mobile Share plan. It will count as data towards whichever data allotment you select on your plan.

Message 118 of 185 (9,421 Views)

I am honestly disappointed that AT&T is not allowing existing iPhone owners to use Facetime over cellular in iOS 6 unless they sign up for the new Mobile Share plans. Don't get me wrong, the pricing of the Mobile Share plans seem reasonable. But I hardly make any phone calls with my cell phone so I don't need unlimited minutes. Too bad they won't let you use Facetime over cellular on the existing 3GB data plans.

Message 119 of 185 (9,432 Views)

Re: Mobile Share Plans???

I think the 1GB plan is mainly for people on existing family plans that have the 300MB data plans and don't really use a lot of data each month. I personally don't see how anybody could possibly stay under 300MB a month. As far as a family data plan is concerned I think 4GB is probably the minimum amount anybody should purchase.

Message 120 of 185 (9,406 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.