Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@IonLake wrote:

I think ATT should be ASHAMED of themselves with this new method of fleecing customers.

Right now I have

1-plan unlimited $30

1-plan 2 GB for $15

1 plan 250 MB for $10

I pay $55 per month.

New plan 4GB monthly plan ($70) and added a smartphone ($40) and a tablet ($10), your monthly bill would be $120.  That's a 100% increase.  Unless you convince me otherwise, you've just lost a customer. 

you neglected to factor in the voice and texting cost in your pricing example, you just list the data portion. The new shared plans include unlimited voice and text features. Pricing and requirements are light years ahead of verizon's released plan

@So to add the additional charged, based on 3 phones listed lets start with the lowest family plan @ 550 Minutes with unlimited texting - this is all based on what you state you pay for data

59.99 - 550 minute 2 phones

09.99 - 3rd phone

30.00 - unlimited texting

--------

99.98 for 550 and unlimited texting, if it is only two phones, then take the 9.99 away. Add that yo your data

--------

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

12 years ago

I have a question regarding the mobile share.  Is there going to be a way to limit data usage on devices?  I am thinking about the 10GB plan, but i want to be able to place a limit on teenager.  I don't want 10GB to be burned through watching youtube and such.  I want to place a limit of 4GB for example, and after that they only get wifi.

I don't mind sharing but don't want to share myself into high overages....

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Hi IonLake, 

As La-La noted, the Mobile Share plan is optional. It may not be the right choice for you and you don't have to change your current plan if you don't want to. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

We just launched a great tool you can use to see which plan is right for you.

Check out the awesome Mobile Share Planner!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy wrote:

I have a question regarding the mobile share.  Is there going to be a way to limit data usage on devices?  I am thinking about the 10GB plan, but i want to be able to place a limit on teenager.  I don't want 10GB to be burned through watching youtube and such.  I want to place a limit of 4GB for example, and after that they only get wifi.

I don't mind sharing but don't want to share myself into high overages....

You might want to look into Smart Limits if you want to place some parental controls on your kid's phone. 

Mentor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'll ask the direct question. How does the Mobile Share Plans affect our discounted upgrades?

Judging from the FAQ https://www.att.com/shop/Upper_Funnel_Promo_Modals/Wireless_Promo_Modals/mobile-share-faqs.html#mainpar_genericmodal ) in reference to the discounted Tablet question, it appears that discounted equipment isn't elligible for the Mobile Share plans and they would have to be off contract. Therefore, if you plan to upgrade your device you'll be forced to pay the full non-contract sale price for the device. 

Furthermore, it also sounds that if you want to move to the Mobile Share you will have to pay the early termination fees that are associated to your contract.

Can you please explain how the process would work for your contract expiration and your discounted upgrade elligibility as we use it today? 

Cheers!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I think that this just applies to tablets, as tablets will no longer be subsidized under Mobile Share.  I don't think that there are changes for phone subsidization and contracts, though.  Jamileh will have further clarification for this.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Hello -

I am hopeful that someone might be able to help with my question.  As such, I have 5 lines on a family plan and we really need unlimited minutes (we do not use more than 5GB of data per month in total).  So, moving to the new shared mobile plans make sense in that we will have unlimited minutes and enough data to share.  But here is my question...when AT&T moves voice calls over to VoLTE (which I read will happen in 2013), will that start using my data plan?  If so, I will no longer have "unlimited minutes."   If that is the case, maybe I should keep my current unlimited data plan as once VoLTE rolls out I would technically lose my unlimited minutes.  OR, will VoLTE usage be calculated separately from your data plan.  Thanks so much!!!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Snatch wrote:

I'll ask the direct question. How does the Mobile Share Plans affect our discounted upgrades?

Judging from the FAQ https://www.att.com/shop/Upper_Funnel_Promo_Modals/Wireless_Promo_Modals/mobile-share-faqs.html#mainpar_genericmodal ) in reference to the discounted Tablet question, it appears that discounted equipment isn't elligible for the Mobile Share plans and they would have to be off contract. Therefore, if you plan to upgrade your device you'll be forced to pay the full non-contract sale price for the device. 

Furthermore, it also sounds that if you want to move to the Mobile Share you will have to pay the early termination fees that are associated to your contract.

Can you please explain how the process would work for your contract expiration and your discounted upgrade elligibility as we use it today? 

Cheers!

This applies to tablets, not phones. 

Tablets purchased at full retail price are eligible to enroll in a Mobile Share plan. If you purchased a tablet for a discounted, two year commitment price and move your tablet to a Mobile Share plan, your existing contract will not follow the tablet. This would terminate the agreement and appropriate liquidated damaged would apply, even if you activate the tablet on a Mobile Share group.

Here is more info about mobile sharing.

Basically, 21sNow is right. 🙂

Hope this helps!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@schafga wrote:

Hello -

I am hopeful that someone might be able to help with my question.  As such, I have 5 lines on a family plan and we really need unlimited minutes (we do not use more than 5GB of data per month in total).  So, moving to the new shared mobile plans make sense in that we will have unlimited minutes and enough data to share.  But here is my question...when AT&T moves voice calls over to VoLTE (which I read will happen in 2013), will that start using my data plan?  If so, I will no longer have "unlimited minutes."   If that is the case, maybe I should keep my current unlimited data plan as once VoLTE rolls out I would technically lose my unlimited minutes.  OR, will VoLTE usage be calculated separately from your data plan.  Thanks so much!!!

According to reports that I have seen it is not even scheduled for start og roll out till sometime in 2013 and will probalby be rolled out in major locations a few at the time just like the current LTE technology, heck there are still places that don;t have decent 3G coverage,  doubt this will be a concern for a few years. As far as your unlimited plan. Any answer given here would be pure speculation.

rememebr it is capped at 3GB, after 3GB it is throttled down, again suspect that this will not be around for to much longer. Was actually surprised that att did not follow verizon's handling of their grandfathered unlimited plan when they rolled out shared data - want a subsidized phone, they drop your unlimited, want to keep unlimited then pay full price for the phone and you can

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.