For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@compwhiz wrote:

So, what is going to happen if I have a Blackberry that is using Enterprise plan because of the requirement to use BES?  Can a Blackberry that needs to use BES be part of Mobile Share plan?

That's a good question. Let me get some clarification on enterprise plans and I'll update the thread with what I find out.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

On my current plan there is an iphone with a 60 dollar talk plan, 30 dollar unlimited data, and 30 dollar family messaging. There are two messaging phones with the 10 dollar line fee. One of those phones is looking to upgrade to a smart phone and would get the 20 dollar 300 MB plan. 

Would we be able to put two of the phones on the mobile share plan, and keep the messaging phone on the unlimited text plan and 10 dollar line fee with no data, instead of paying 30 dollars for that too?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Sure can!

You can create groups within your family plan so you can have a couple phones on the Mobile Share plan and other phones on their own plan. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

So i could put the smart phone and the iphone on the 1gb mobile share plan which would cost 130, and then add ten for the messaging phone? Would the messaging phone still have unlimited messaging?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

You've mostly got it. 

Your two smartphones would be on the mobile share plan (1GB of data & unlimited talk/text) = $130 (plus fees/taxes)

If you added the messaging phone to the mobile share plan as well, it would be another $30 a month (data, unlimited talk/text)

If you left the messaging phone out of the mobile share plan, it would be on it's own seperate plan. Those $10/month fee is for unlimited data on a non-smartphone (a messaging phone). You would still need to have a voice plan and the Messging Unlimited feature on that phone. 

I think you'd be better off having all three phones part of the mobile share plan. That would bring your monthly fee to $160 (plus taxes/fees). 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

is there a way to do it so the that the messaging phone has just the voice and text part, but not the data?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Sure. Since only smartphones require a dataplan, you don't need to have a data plan for a messaging phone. 

You could get a straight up voice package and add the messaging feature. The basic voice package is 450 minutes with rollover and 5,000 nights/weekend minutes will run you $39.99/month and the messaging (unlimited messaging and mobile to mobile calling) will be an additional $20.

If you do it that way, you're looking at $130 (plus taxes/fees) for the two phones on the mobile share plan and $60 (plus taxes/fees) for the messaging phone. That would be a total of about $190 (of course, plus taxes/fees).

Individual Voice Plans: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/individualplans.html

Mobile Share Plans: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=VNDqMdc0s08?tab2

(Please bear in mind that these prices are estimates and your billed amount may be different based on your choices)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

okay....if i get a new phone under a regular plan now, in a few weeks when mobile share becomes available, can i switch to that?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, you can change rate plans at any time. Be advised though that adding/removing features, changing rate plans or changing data plans can impact your upgrade eligibility date.

It's always a good idea to check your eligibility date after you've made changes to your account so you aren't surprised when it comes time to upgrade. 🙂

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I have a concern with the fallacy of "$15 per GB for add'l data".

1GB of data is equal to 1GB of data, there is no more or less consumption of that amount of data regardless of the number of devices involved in using it.

So, why is it that under individual data plans the overage is the common "$10 per GB" while under the Mobile Share plan it is "$15 per GB"? (With many devices sharing a pool of data, chances increase on an overage. This makes it seem like a profit seeking pricing model.)

I may likely never have an overage, but I despise it when a provider has inconsistent pricing or fees for identical service features.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.