For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

That's what I thought that setting is for. Just needed to hear it. Thanks.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Any update as to when these new plans will be available in August?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

We have not announced a date just yet but you can keep an eye on this site for updates! You can also sign up for an email notification when Mobile Sharing becomes available. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@thesorenson3 wrote:

HI All,

I have 10 lines total

1 account has 5 lines

1 account has one line

1 account has 2 lines

and another account 2 lines

Family talk is limited to 5 lines per group.  This new plan shows it allows up to 10.  Am i able to move all these accounts into one and have 1 account , or can the mobile share be distributed to all the different accounts up to 10 devices

I only spread out the lines on different accounts for billing purposes

Thanks

It sounds like Mobile Sharing will be a great option for you!

Since Mobile Sharing allows for 10 devices, you can mix and match your accounts as much or as little as you want. 

You can keep lines grouped as well. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

@jamileh wrote:

Please see my response re: FAN discounts here - http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

Jam...your post is for the Shared Data Plan which hasn't become effective as of yet, correct?

Yes, that is correct. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot are included at all data levels with the Mobile Share plans.

Does it mean if I have a wifi version iPad, I can share the internet connection on the go via tethering without additional cost? Sounds too good to be true. 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

So, what is going to happen if I have a Blackberry that is using Enterprise plan because of the requirement to use BES?  Can a Blackberry that needs to use BES be part of Mobile Share plan?

Guru

• 

870 Messages

12 years ago

Hopefully they will continue to offer both plans for a long time. The old plan suits me just fine but maybe down the road the shared plan will be better for me.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@compwhiz wrote:

So, what is going to happen if I have a Blackberry that is using Enterprise plan because of the requirement to use BES?  Can a Blackberry that needs to use BES be part of Mobile Share plan?

they make no mention of business class enterprise data in mobile share - suspect you wil need to stay with what you have

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.