Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

1) Yes, you can have the scenario OP suggested but keep in mind that if you upgrade a line to mobile sharing, you will not have unlimited data and you cannot share unlimited data.

2) Yes - each line will maintain it's own contract/upgrade date.

3) Good question 🙂 I will research and let you know!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I just received verification that FAN discounts will be applied to shared data. 

Your discount will apply to the cost of actual data plan but not to the cost of adding devices to the plan. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot are included at all data levels with the Mobile Share plans.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

all android phones have the hotspot feature built in, you do not need the elevate.

Official Solution

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

HI All,

I have 10 lines total

1 account has 5 lines

1 account has one line

1 account has 2 lines

and another account 2 lines

Family talk is limited to 5 lines per group.  This new plan shows it allows up to 10.  Am i able to move all these accounts into one and have 1 account , or can the mobile share be distributed to all the different accounts up to 10 devices

I only spread out the lines on different accounts for billing purposes

Thanks

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Hello -

Does anyone know how your current FAN discount will be applied to the new MobileShare plans that were announced this morning?  Does it apply to the total bill, just the data portion, or just the smartphone access portion?

Thanks!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

The new Mobile Share plans have been announced by AT&T.  What do you think?  Will it work better for you than the current offerings?

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/07/18/at-t-mobile-share-data-plans-due-to-arrive-in-late-august/

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

A GOOD question... Right now it only applies to the minute plan itself. I'd like to see the answer to this one, myself. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

The new Mobile Share plans have been announced by AT&T.  What do you think?  Will it work better for you than the current offerings?

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/07/18/at-t-mobile-share-data-plans-due-to-arrive-in-late-august/

will stay with my current configuration on the family plans, this pricing would raise my bill by at least 60.00. Unlimited vocie and text mean nothing to me, with unity and M2AM with the currect texting plan on a 700 Minute familty plan we roll over about 500-600 minutes a month

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

12 years ago

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.