Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

That is how my FAN discount worked as well. In my case, I am still grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. I had looked at the 12 month average on my bills and all three iphones on the account average under the 4MB plan. Pluses, is that I gain tethering/mobile hotspot. But not sure if I want to increase the bill by $25.

Mark

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

I too, have a family plan, and was told by AT&T that FAN, in my case, only applied to my Rate Plan, for example, my 550 minutes. I'm beginning to believe with all the scenarios here, it's what the your employer and AT&T negotiated.

I jumped for joy when I found out my FAN discount was 18%, but upon further investigation, that 18% only applied to my Rate Plan as stated above.  That burst my bubble.

Update:  I just chatted with AT&T, and my suspicions was correct.  It all depends on the Employer/Association what is offered to the employee.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

@trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

Interesting, will have to ping my sales rep later and get things straighten out,  my employees have been told they do not get fan on anything but the 5gb plan now and my contract specificly states all data plans. Thanks for the info

wingrider01, let me know what your rep tells you. I was under the impression that only our Talk Plan was discounted, of course, that was before I had ever gotten my smartphone. After what trido had said about his wifes 2GB$25/mo data plan, I decided to call about it. It never hurts to ask but I will be checking my bill from here on in.  

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

@jamileh wrote:

Please see my response re: FAN discounts here - http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

Jam...your post is for the Shared Data Plan which hasn't become effective as of yet, correct?

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

With these new Mobile Share plans icoming, is the unlimited calling truly that or are there time restrictions?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@DCookie - yes, that is correct

@mjmbluford nailed it re: how FAN discounts are applied. AT&T has broad rules but each employer's discount plans can be different. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

@trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

Interesting, will have to ping my sales rep later and get things straighten out,  my employees have been told they do not get fan on anything but the 5gb plan now and my contract specificly states all data plans. Thanks for the info

wingrider01, let me know what your rep tells you. I was under the impression that only our Talk Plan was discounted, of course, that was before I had ever gotten my smartphone. After what trido had said about his wifes 2GB$25/mo data plan, I decided to call about it. It never hurts to ask but I will be checking my bill from here on in.  

on the new plans - 5GB only

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

OK thanks, wingrider01. Good to know.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Another question for the Mobile sharing plan.

Would tethering or mobile hotspot be part of the new Mobile sharing plan or do we have to pay extra for the two features?

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

Now that the Mobile Hotspot feature will be included with Mobile Share, will my Galaxy Note be capable of being used as the Hotspot Device or will I have to purchase the "AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G" Device?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.