Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

I'm pretty sure you will be able to, and if not, you can always split the bill with the individual under it's own account number and bill.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I have similar question regarding the group as well and this is what I believe but could be wrong.

I have one main account with 2 group, group 1 with line 1-5 and group 2 line 6-7 and you are telling me, the new share data plan is for both group 1 and group 2?

I am also want to know how is the FAN discount work for the data plan sharing since I have 28% discount.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I think that this is what I want.  I currently have a 550 -minute family plan that has three lines: 1 smartphone with grandfathered unlimited data, 1 smartphone with 5GB of data and one basic phone with unlimited data for basic phones.  I want the smartphone with unlimited data to be by itself on an individual plan so that the unlimited data can remain.  I want to add one more smartphone and one more basic phone to my plan.  Those remaining four lines can go to a Mobile Share plan.

My other option is to just go with the 700 minute family plan that exists now and add 3GB data for the new smartphone and unlimited data for basic phones for the basic phone.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@bxnguyen wrote:

I have similar question regarding the group as well and this is what I believe but could be wrong.

I have one main account with 2 group, group 1 with line 1-5 and group 2 line 6-7 and you are telling me, the new share data plan is for both group 1 and group 2?

I am also want to know how is the FAN discount work for the data plan sharing since I have 28% discount.

You can have one shared data plan for each group. 

I am awaiting an answer about the FAN discount. As soon as I have info, I'll update this thread. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Jamileh,
Thank you very much for the quick response and looking forward to know what is the FAN discount will be.

Have another question for you, the new mobile sharing data plan come with unlimited voice + text, but that is for domestic voice only. I am currently on family + Canada family plan 1400 and dont know if there is any change or update in term of voice/minutes if I change into the mobile sharing data plan.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Another good question. You're right in that these plans are for domestic (US) use. I'll find out!

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

12 years ago

I am also very interested to know how FAN discounts apply to these new Mobile Share Plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

As many other people, I have the 700 minute family plan with 3 smart phones. We don't use enough data (so far) to warrant the share plan. With Wi-fi I've even lowered one of the phones to 250 mb.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I'm glad that AT&T is leaving us the option to choose both types of plans.  That way, I don't have to rush my decision-making process.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@trido wrote:

yes thast same older 2 gig plan on wifes iphone 25 a month her fan gets 24 percent off we also havea 10 data plan no fan on it.

this has also changed when the changed the tiered plan recently only the 5GB tethered plan can be discounted

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.