Mobile Share Questions

Professor

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Message 12 of 185 (58,068 Views)
Teacher

New MobileShare Plans

Hello -

Does anyone know how your current FAN discount will be applied to the new MobileShare plans that were announced this morning?  Does it apply to the total bill, just the data portion, or just the smartphone access portion?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 185 (54,985 Views)
Professor

Mobile Share is on Its Way!

The new Mobile Share plans have been announced by AT&T.  What do you think?  Will it work better for you than the current offerings?

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/07/18/at-t-mobile-share-data-plans-due-to-arrive-in-late-august/

Message 2 of 185 (51,504 Views)
Expert

Re: New MobileShare Plans

A GOOD question... Right now it only applies to the minute plan itself. I'd like to see the answer to this one, myself. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 185 (54,955 Views)
Expert

Re: Mobile Share is on Its Way!

[ Edited ]

21stNow wrote:

The new Mobile Share plans have been announced by AT&T.  What do you think?  Will it work better for you than the current offerings?

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/07/18/at-t-mobile-share-data-plans-due-to-arrive-in-late-august/

will stay with my current configuration on the family plans, this pricing would raise my bill by at least 60.00. Unlimited vocie and text mean nothing to me, with unity and M2AM with the currect texting plan on a 700 Minute familty plan we roll over about 500-600 minutes a month

Message 4 of 185 (51,500 Views)
Mentor

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

Message 5 of 185 (54,951 Views)
Expert

Well, all I can say is that I may be cheating myself! I'm not sure if all FAN discounts are created equal but thanks for that info. I do know that our FAN right now only has a 24% discount on our minute plan. I need to check into it.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 6 of 185 (54,944 Views)
Mentor

i would for sure  check with a att rep we also have  the 24 percent, one time in the store it came up lady told me now you also get 24 percent off I am fairly sure only 20 dollar and higher data plans.

Message 7 of 185 (54,941 Views)
Expert

Thanks, I do know that we're basically on our own to check into these things since ATT doesn't usually give anything out of the goodness of their heart. I also didn't have a smartphone at the time. Right now I have an old 2GB/$25/mo data plan along with two Unlimited $10 data plans for two messaging phones on our plan.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 185 (54,938 Views)
Mentor

yes thast same older 2 gig plan on wifes iphone 25 a month her fan gets 24 percent off we also havea 10 data plan no fan on it.

Message 9 of 185 (54,935 Views)
Expert

Thanks! I will certainly look into it. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 10 of 185 (54,933 Views)
Professor

Re: Mobile Share is on Its Way!

I'm still doing the math and considering my options.  I want to consolidate all of my lines to AT&T (I think!).  The Mobile Share plan has many variables that I can tweak to see if I can get a lower bill.  So far, I can only come down close to the same as what I would pay with a 700-minute family plan.

Message 11 of 185 (51,489 Views)
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Mobile Share Questions

[ Edited ]

1) <Edited> Yes, you can have the scenario OP suggested but keep in mind that if you upgrade a line to mobile sharing, you will not have unlimited data and you cannot share unlimited data.

2) Yes - each line will maintain it's own contract/upgrade date.

3) Good question Smiley Happy I will research and let you know!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 185 (55,527 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

OK.  I don't understand the "group" concept.  This is the FAQ that confused me:

What devices are eligible for Mobile Share?

Our Mobile Share plans require at least one smartphone per group and all devices must be on the same account. You can share unlimited talk, text and your choice of data with up to nine additional devices per group: smartphones, basic/quick messaging phones, tablets, gaming devices, USB modems, netbooks, laptops or mobile hotspots. You can have more than one Mobile Share group per account.

So is this saying that I could have one account and have 2 devices in one group, three devices in another group, but not have an individual line anywhere in this mix? 

I really don't get the advantage, or purpose even, of groups at all.

Message 14 of 185 (55,521 Views)
Expert

21stNow wrote:

OK.  I don't understand the "group" concept.  This is the FAQ that confused me:

What devices are eligible for Mobile Share?

Our Mobile Share plans require at least one smartphone per group and all devices must be on the same account. You can share unlimited talk, text and your choice of data with up to nine additional devices per group: smartphones, basic/quick messaging phones, tablets, gaming devices, USB modems, netbooks, laptops or mobile hotspots. You can have more than one Mobile Share group per account.

So is this saying that I could have one account and have 2 devices in one group, three devices in another group, but not have an individual line anywhere in this mix? 

I really don't get the advantage, or purpose even, of groups at all.

think of it as a extended family plan, you can have up to 9 devices sharing the same data allocation. 

Message 15 of 185 (55,506 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.