Need your talk or text logs?
Starn's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 7:07 AM

Closed

Mobile Email?

is Mobile Email included with Messaging Unlimited. the plane that encludes all messaging forms aka IM SMS MMS

and by mobile email i mean like in my samsung shg a707 or w/e and my older samsung shg a457 i think.... both had Mobile Email.... and i was just wondering if that neeeds a Data plan or if messaging covers it

if not can i send an email to my phone like lets say the adress is  phonenumber@mms.att.net and that be like a mms right? and than i could send lets say a photo from my phone to my email account and it would work fine like that? with no extra charges? this info would be great for i would like to send photos to my phone and send photos from phone to email... but if i can have an added bonus of checking my email VIA mobile email program in samsung phone that would be great.. 

thanks you for any info 

Message Edited by Starn on 01-22-2009 01:26:48 AM

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@Starn wrote:

is Mobile Email included with Messaging Unlimited. the plane that encludes all messaging forms aka IM SMS MMS

and by mobile email i mean like in my samsung shg a707 or w/e and my older samsung shg a457 i think.... both had Mobile Email.... and i was just wondering if that neeeds a Data plan or if messaging covers it

if not can i send an email to my phone like lets say the adress is  phonenumber@mms.att.net and that be like a mms right? and than i could send lets say a photo from my phone to my email account and it would work fine like that? with no extra charges? this info would be great for i would like to send photos to my phone and send photos from phone to email... but if i can have an added bonus of checking my email VIA mobile email program in samsung phone that would be great.. 

thanks you for any info 

Message Edited by Starn on 01-22-2009 01:26:48 AM

Mobile E-mail is NOT INCLUDED in Unlimited Messaging. You would need a DATA plan of some sort to use Mobile E-mail.

Yes, you CAN send a photo to your phone using your 10digitnumber@mms.att.net. You can also send a photo from your phone to your e-mail by inserting your e-mail address. There are no extra charges for sending/receiving pics because this would be covered in your Unlimited Messaging plan. However, if you go over the limit, (mine limit is 300kb), you WILL incur extra data charges. I have read on the forum that the size limit for MMS has been changed from 300kb to 600kb but I can not confirm this. It would also depend on your phone's limitations. I keep MMS on my Shine under 300kb to be on the safe side as I have incurred extra data charges once for sending 4 pics in one message, going over my 300kb limit.

Hope this helps

Message Edited by Dcookie on 01-22-2009 02:37:42 AM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.