For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
noodle777's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 30th, 2013 5:53 PM

Mobile Data doesn't work anymore

Hey,
so my mobile data/internet worked fine with the 35 $ monthly plan (go phone) until December 26th when it suddenly didn't work anymore. I
still have the symbol that there is a connection in the corner of my phone but nothing happens when I google something, etc. I'm using an unlocked phone and already tried to change apn's but nothing happens! I don't know what's wrong all of sudden!
Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

The network can detect what type of device you are using and checks every once in awhile to ensure the proper devices are being used. The Galaxy Express is a device AT&T currently sells as a GoPhone device.

I can't speak to why it worked in the past and is not working now, but it should have never worked as the smartphone APN's are blocked if you don't have the proper plan.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi noodle777,

The $35 a month plan is only ment to be used for basic phones and quick messaging devices. From what it looks like you are using an Galaxy Express. Although you might have the correct APN settings the network won't allow access for a smartphone access with data.

You would be able to switch to one of the smartphone plans ($40 for 500 minutes, Unlimited Text and 200MB of data or $60 for unlimited Calling, Text and 2GB of data). or continue to use the $35 without data.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

But why was I able to acess data before if it isn't supposed to work at all on my phone?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Oh I didn't know that,
thank you
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.