Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Missing hotspot with Unlimited Data plan

Missing hotspot with Unlimited Data plan

My personal hotspot is missing since I upgraded cell plan to unlimited data.

Message 1 of 150
Contributor

Re: Missing hotspot

it is unethical when ATT lies as they did to myself and others, I don't how many places it's posted when they call you and lie to get you to change plans. The BBB will listen to the complaints if enough people file, good day 

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 136 of 150
ACE - Expert

The BBB is a for profit business and they just pass the complaint along to att.  So yada yada and so forth.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 137 of 150
ACE - Sage

@trentk131 wrote:

it is unethical when ATT lies as they did to myself and others, I don't how many places it's posted when they call you and lie to get you to change plans. The BBB will listen to the complaints if enough people file, good day 

[Inappropriate content removed]

Since plans are published online, and a comparison of plans can be made in your My ATT (postpaid) or Paygonline (prepaid) account how about doing independent research ?   

The BBB forwards complaints back to the company, they don’t DO anything. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 138 of 150
Contributor

still happy with my Verizon acct best thing I did years ago was dump Att … I now pay 40.00 for my grandfathered 4g unlimited tether and hot spot with no issues use more than 10 gig or more a month no throttling that I have ever noticed using as hot spot with 2 or 3 laptops used at same time down load and upload speeds better than cable service I also dumped .just saying...  

Message 139 of 150
ACE - Expert

Till Verizon decides to drop you like they did my friend.  To be honest I warned him not to be using 800gb to 1tb of data a month.

Message 140 of 150
Contributor

Since I was referring to the ATT phone number under contract with them and
not a prepaid phone such as mine maybe you should do that research!! And
you are incorrect, with enough complaints it will look bad for ATT.
Research wouldn't be necessary if the reps didn't lie now would it??
Message 141 of 150
ACE - Expert

Re: Read it.

@trentk131 wrote:

It's not like it's the first time in history a salesperson might have lied to make a sale...???

My bigger concern is they are wrong or might make a mistake so checking the details is a good idea. 90 seconds then is better than hours and hours of trying to resolve it later.

It's nice to pass the buck back to them, but it's still your job to look out on your end. Obviously, if people read the offer/requirement themselves, these issues would generally turn out a little different than the times when they don't check for themselves?  

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 142 of 150
Contributor

I guess that coming from a small town and taking people at their word makes
me naive but I'll take the small town hand shake as a binding contract
along with not having to lock our doors at night nor look over our shoulder
because we wronged someone. Along with that I'll keep my business local
and try to stay away from you big city sissy swindlers!! Good day JA!! Best
short fur donkey mule mix in case you didn't know
Message 143 of 150
ACE - Expert

@trentk131 wrote:
I guess that coming from a small town and taking people at their word makes
me naive but I'll take the small town hand shake as a binding contract
along with not having to lock our doors at night nor look over our shoulder
because we wronged someone.

But you didn't get a small town handshake, you collaborated with a HUGE company.

Along with that I'll keep my business local

You do NOT want to be getting you cell service from Jim Bob's Dry Goods and Cell Service...

and try to stay away from you big city sissy swindlers!!

You? We are all customers here, no one from AT&T has responded to your post in this community forum.

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 144 of 150
Employee

Not exactly sure why this thread still continues.  

There is an unlimited plan with hotspot, it's called Unlimited&More Premium. It is comparable to what everyone else across the industry currently offers. Verizon has 15 on Beyond Unlimited.  Tmobile has 20 on One Plus. Sprint gives away a ton but they have coverage that isn't comparable to AT&T or Verizon. 

I understand rural residents have few options but a wireless network is not going to offer the same type of service as a wired broadband connection. None of the cellular networks are going to provide a completely unhinged, no limits connection for computers, smart televisions and such. It simply can't be a substitute for that wired broadband connection.  

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 145 of 150
Contributor

Whoever said you can’t have both... That’s not true! I have AT&T unlimited Data AND unlimited Hotspot. I use both all of the time as do my three daughters. We all use this and have this as part of our plan. 

My guess is she signed up for the unlimited data plan and they switched her over to that plan and disregarded her previous plan which included the hotspot I guess she didn’t think to ask to have hotspot too, and that’s probably the problem.  My suggestion would be to call them back and let them know you still wanted to continue to have your hotspot but that will probably be an additional charge on the unlimited plan unless she goes with the combined unlimited plan with unlimited hotspot which is what I opted for .

Message 146 of 150
ACE - Expert

@HeartShineGirl wrote:

Whoever said you can’t have both... That’s not true! I have AT&T unlimited Data AND unlimited Hotspot. I use both all of the time as do my three daughters. We all use this and have this as part of our plan. 

Do you mean a standalone hotspot device? Or the hotspot in the phone?

They stopped allowing people to add the standalone hotspot device to Unlimited plans in March or April (maybe May). But if you had it, they let you keep it.

Message 147 of 150

Y'all keep replying to old old messages. Geeze look at the date. I haven't had ripoff crooked lying at&t for over a year and I'm happy I'm saving lots of money with Verizon. 
Message 148 of 150
ACE - Expert

@member2016-11-19 wrote:
Y'all keep replying to old old messages. Geeze look at the date. I haven't had ripoff crooked lying at&t for over a year and I'm happy I'm saving lots of money with Verizon. 

I'd be interested in what plan you had at AT&T vs. what one you switched to at Verizon...?

Message 149 of 150
ACE - Sage

@trentk131 wrote:
Since I was referring to the ATT phone number under contract with them and
not a prepaid phone such as mine maybe you should do that research!!
Makes no difference.  Both post and prepaid have 2 unlimited options and can change plans. 
And  you are incorrect, with enough complaints it will look bad for ATT.
Complaints here?   The only reason people post on self-help forums is they have a problem.  It’s kind of what they do.  There is no “sing praises” forum for any company.  

1.   Att hasnt use service contracts in almost 3 full years.  You mean ‘postpaid’.  

2.    Both prepaid and postpaid offer 2 unlimited data options.  The more expensive with hotspot.

3.    Any customer can switch to any plan at any time.  So why are you complaining?  Login and change your plan.  

Att has always allowed customers to change plans.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 150 of 150
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support