• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 27th, 2008 9:51 PM

Closed

Messaging and Media Bundles

Is there a difference between these two feature profiles:

Messaging Unlimited with Media Net Unlimited
Media Max Unlimited

It appears that they would have the same price for the same services, but I wanted to be sure before I acted on this assumption.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

william.r.winter wrote:
The plan you're describing is essentially what I'm looking at doing.  Do you ever have charges for media or texting that is not covered by the two features (unlimited messaging with unlimited media net) that you've described?

With the Umlimited Family Messaging plan that covers all 3 of our phones, it covers text, picture/video and IM ( IM as long as you use one of the preinstalled IM clients). To send a picture message, it does use data but there is no extra charge, it is included in the messaging plan.

I have Unlimited Media Net on MY phone line ONLY because I do like to use the internet at times and download ringtones etc.If you DON'T plan on surfing the internet and are only interested in texting and sending pictures etc, then I would suggest just getting the Unlimited Text plan. Or there are other texting plan options that wouldn't cost you that much. You really have to decide how much you think you will be using it. Orginally my husband had the 200/$5/mo text plan on his line only and went WAY over so that is why we decided on the Unlimited Family Messaging plan. Now we're all covered. Hope this helps!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@william.r.winter wrote:
  1. Messaging Unlimited with Media Net Unlimited
  2. Media Max Unlimited
     It appears that they would have the same price for the same services, but I wanted to be sure before I acted on this assumption.

Option 1 has unlimited sms/mms/instant messaging included with unlimited internet (media net) where as 2 only has unlimited internet (media net).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

It's my impression that Media Max Unlimited also has unlimited texting.

Per the "Manage Features," Media Max Unlimited has:

UNLIMITED Cellular Video, MEdia(TM) Net, and Messaging (Text, Video, Picture, and IM)! GET IT ALL at a discounted monthly rate.

versus Media Net Unlimited:

Get ready to open up the power of your phone! Enjoy unlimited high quality video and entertainment in the palm of your hand. Get UNLIMITED access to Cellular Video and MEdia(TM) Net.

and Messaging Unlimited:

UNLIMITED Text, Video, Picture, and Instant Messages. GET IT ALL at a discounted monthly rate. You have the freedom to message any way to any one.

I was suggesting adding Messaging Unlimited to the Media Net Unlimited.  From these brief descriptions, it would appear that these two would be identical.  My concern is that there is some unstated benefit for one or the other.  You mention SMS and MMS which I would guess would fall under "texting," but I don't know if both Media Max and Media Net refer to precisely the same "texting."

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

william.r.winter wrote:

Messaging Unlimited with Media Net Unlimited
Media Max Unlimited

It seems to me Media Max is a combination of Unlimited Media Net/$15 AND Unlimited Messaging/$20.
Media Max Unlimited/$35.

I really don't see what the difference would be except if you didn't want DATA COVERAGE, then just get the Messgaing Unlimited.

I have Unlimited Media Net on my phone/$15/mo. We also have Unlimited Family Messaging on our plan that covers all 3 lines/$30/mo. There is no Media Net plan for Family plans.

Message Edited by Dcookie on 09-27-2008 07:30:09 PM

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

The plan you're describing is essentially what I'm looking at doing.  Do you ever have charges for media or texting that is not covered by the two features (unlimited messaging with unlimited media net) that you've described?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

This is the answer I was looking for.  Thanks, everyone, for your quick responses.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

You're welcome!! Smiley Happy
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.