Need your talk or text logs?
jake4ucla's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 10:03 PM

Message not found

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1. For the past week I've been getting text messages from Unknown that say "Message not found".

What's going on?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've been having the same thing going on... extremely annoying. If you hear anything, let me know! I can't seem to get an answer from AT&T or Apple

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

My Samsung S4 started doing this after I updated my phone to KitKat 4.4.2. What is going on?? 

@MissJen30 wrote:

i get random text coming in from an "Unknown" sender the message says "message not found", i call it back and it comes up as 865-66,  this is the third phone its happen to, ive tried hard resets, multiple sim cards, and still getting the same thing. it happens when i turn my phone on and off, both connected to wifi and not connectd, any ideas as to whats going on?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This isn't spammers or anything you can reply "stop" to such as a service. You're actually missing texts. This is happening to me too but luckily I was in the middle of group texting so I was able to reply and say hey are you texting me? And then the person would resend their text. It has happened to me twice this week. Both times it was while group texting and both times it was because I didn't get the actual text I should've gotten. It just came in as "Unknown Sender" and then said "Message Not Found". Someone has texted you and that's what you're getting instead of the text you should be getting. Can anyone help?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

This issue should be resolved now, but please let us know if you continue to receive this message!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This issue is not resolved.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, p_coleman34!

Thanks for posting. Try performing a soft reset on your device.

Let me know if that works.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hello...I know this thread is old, but this just started happening to me a week ago. I am getting the Unknown sender - Mesaage not found.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Is this really a message that someone sent to me that failed and how do I get this to stop? Thanks for any information

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This has also been happening to me - once last month and once a few days ago - and I would love if AT&T would be able to provide a consistent fix for it that's applicable to everyone using their service. It's annoying not knowing if I'm missing a message, if one that I sent never actually went through, or if something else is happening.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have started receiving these strange texts as well, for every text message I send out.

What's weird is that it's dated for Aug 28, and the text is from "Sender unkown" and the contents is "Message not found".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.