Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Message not found

Contributor

Message not found

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1. For the past week I've been getting text messages from Unknown that say "Message not found".

What's going on?

Message 1 of 62
Tutor

Re: Message not found

This is not an Apple or iPhone issue. I have a LG Escape 2 smart phone which is an Android phone and I am having issues EVERYDAY...I get In received Multimedia messages which shows who send it but I can't get it to download and I also get messages from "anonymous". This has to be an AT&T issue since it happens with all types of phones.
Message 46 of 62
Contributor

Hey everyone,

I started getting this problem a few weeks ago and after a pretty lengthy google search there doesn't seem to be any solid fixes (other than downloading a separate messaging app than the default). I think it's a glitch that happens when you receive an MMS that for some reason fails to download. From that point on you get the "message not found, unknown sender" message that you cannot delete. My solution was to ARCHIVE that message (I use the default Google/Android messaging app). I was immediately able to receive MMS after that. This isn't a real "fix" but rather a workaround, but I hope it helps!

Message 47 of 62
Contributor

The problem is with Apple and their by design efforts to make everyone have an iPhone. The problem isn't going anywhere until people stop buying Iphones because while android plays nice, Apple are a bunch of Hitler followers who think that anyone who doesn't believe what they believe or live by their rules needs to be eliminated. I refuse to get an iPhone just so I can communicate with other iphone users. Iphone users are sheep.
Message 48 of 62
Contributor

I think it might be the at&t messages backup and sync functionality.

This also happens to me quite often but only on the Google Messenger app. Samsung's Messages app can see/download the mms and put it in the correct thread.
Message 49 of 62
Contributor

I tried turning my iMessage off and then back on and it has worked so far. I had the same problem and it was literally every second. Very frustrated with AT&T at the moment.
Message 50 of 62
Contributor

I have been getting these messages a lot lately. I sent my friend a picture and she said she replied around the same time I got the 'message not found' from an unknown number
Message 51 of 62
Contributor

Re: Unknown text coming in several times aday

Hey I just had a text from unknown today at 09:53 saying message not found. It has been a year or two since you said this has been resolved, so can you fix it? I have an iPhone 5s
Message 52 of 62
Contributor

What's a soft reset?
Message 53 of 62
Contributor

Hi I have an iPhone SE and this is happening to me it started three days ago and so far I've gotten atleast one unknown message not found text a day. It's extremely annoying and I have no clue whose messages I'm missing
Message 54 of 62
Contributor

Re: Is this really a message that someone sent to me that fai...

I have a Samsung phone on the Android network and I have been getting these messages for several months...maybe longer. They come in batches. I think it has to do with an incompatibility in texting between Apple and Android systems. The user below that mentions disabling the 'imessage', is onto something I think.
Message 55 of 62
Contributor

It's may 26th now and it's happening to me. Can you help me fix it?
Message 56 of 62
Contributor

The issue does not seem to be resolved.  My daughter is still getting the "message not found" non-stop on her iphone.  How do you figure out what messages you are not getting?

Message 57 of 62
Highlighted
Contributor

It's not resolved. It involves android advanced messaging and imessage- the newer text technologies that allow you to see if someone is replying or has seen your text. They don't seem to care that it doesn't work properly.
Message 58 of 62
Contributor

Att needs to get a fix with this text issues.  I m in a text group that consists of iphone and android users and some user including myself are getting delay texts populating like a day or two later! Unacceptable! Now I m experienceing "unknown" message not found that a few hundreds of those texts are sundennly coming thru at 2am!! I spend a lot of money to Att and to be experiencing this!!  I hope I m not the only one that s frustrated with this crap!! We are in 2017!  Get you re high paying tech guru or whatever you call them to FIX this!!!

Message 59 of 62
Tutor

I just received one of these for the first time. I have an iPhone6. I just tried turning iMessage off. Will see if it matters. I never received such a text before so not sure whose I missed...

Message 60 of 62
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support