Need your talk or text logs?
jake4ucla's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 10:03 PM

Message not found

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1. For the past week I've been getting text messages from Unknown that say "Message not found".

What's going on?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This just started happening to me too. It'll download 20+ to 40+ messages all from unknown and it'll say message not found. I've gotten over 200 of these messages in the last week. I've tried soft restart and disabling iMessag to no avail. Help!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Someone needs to fix this...this has been going on way to long. AT&T is no help and going with another carriers is not an option in my area. I too am getting "Anonymous- message not found" and also a lot of "Unreceived mms- message arrived. Receive?" but when I select download nothing happens! I have tried all kinds of resets and setting options and nothing helps. Why can't AT&T contact Apple if it's an issue there? I can't believe a solution has not been found. Please....Someone..fix this issue and offer an update

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have lost all faith in both Apple and AT&T for letting this problem continue.  Inexcusable that no one at Apple or AT&T can seem to fix this issue.  I've wasted countless hours trying to get a resolution. Last year when this started I gave up after about 20 hours of being on the phone and going by the store.  Then the problem randomly went away for a few months and now it's back again. SOMEONE AT ATT DO SOMETHING ALREADY!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

For the last week, my iphone has been receiving these same "Unknown" contact and "message not found" texts. What can be done?

Thank you,

Megan H. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

This is not an Apple or iPhone issue. I have a LG Escape 2 smart phone which is an Android phone and I am having issues EVERYDAY...I get In received Multimedia messages which shows who send it but I can't get it to download and I also get messages from "anonymous". This has to be an AT&T issue since it happens with all types of phones.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hey everyone,

I started getting this problem a few weeks ago and after a pretty lengthy google search there doesn't seem to be any solid fixes (other than downloading a separate messaging app than the default). I think it's a glitch that happens when you receive an MMS that for some reason fails to download. From that point on you get the "message not found, unknown sender" message that you cannot delete. My solution was to ARCHIVE that message (I use the default Google/Android messaging app). I was immediately able to receive MMS after that. This isn't a real "fix" but rather a workaround, but I hope it helps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The problem is with Apple and their by design efforts to make everyone have an iPhone. The problem isn't going anywhere until people stop buying Iphones because while android plays nice, Apple are a bunch of Hitler followers who think that anyone who doesn't believe what they believe or live by their rules needs to be eliminated. I refuse to get an iPhone just so I can communicate with other iphone users. Iphone users are sheep.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I think it might be the at&t messages backup and sync functionality.

This also happens to me quite often but only on the Google Messenger app. Samsung's Messages app can see/download the mms and put it in the correct thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried turning my iMessage off and then back on and it has worked so far. I had the same problem and it was literally every second. Very frustrated with AT&T at the moment.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been getting these messages a lot lately. I sent my friend a picture and she said she replied around the same time I got the 'message not found' from an unknown number
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.