Need your talk or text logs?
jake4ucla's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 10:03 PM

Message not found

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1. For the past week I've been getting text messages from Unknown that say "Message not found".

What's going on?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm also getting the "message not found" texts.  Amazing that this has been going on for over a year now and AT&T has only bothered to reply once, and that was to say that the problem was fixed (when it's clearly not).  It's nice to know that the $300/month that I pay to AT&T is buying beach homes for their executives rather than supporting the product that I'm paying for.  

For what it's worth I have a LG G3 that runs Android Marshmallow.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same problem here! So what's the deal with these messages?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This is happening to me constantly - it literally floods my phone w these messages and takes over ! What is the fix ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Been getting these a lot recently. Latest update of IOS (9.3.2) and got two of them at 4AM this morning and a couple weeks ago the same thing. Woke me up. Kinda obnoxious. They were SMS messages, not iMessages, and they were from "unknown" with content "message not found."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I started getting this error this morning and it is annoying.  Between AT&T garbling the texts I send and sending double texts this is disappointing and highly unreliable service. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just switched to AT&T from Verizon a week ago and this problem started. I get these messages daily, usually even multiple times daily. I'm surprised they haven't done anything yet even though so many people have been having this problem for a while. Never had this problem with Verizon...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My messages are being sent by "unknown" and the message is "Message not found" at least 600 times. Everytime I get the texts it's 100 at a time. Extremely annoying.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I don't know anything about this either. I have gotten a few messages like that in the past, but now I GOT 190 TEXTS FROM 'UNKNOWN' saying message not found. Personally, I think this is kinda creepy especially because I'm a young girl and things creep me out. But, what is this? Is it a glitch or an error?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have an iPhone and use AT&T. Texts randomly deleted, moving around based on time, doubles sent and doubled received and finally not getting texts as I use messenger on Facebook to ask if they replied and they said they had. Cluster. Can't get an apple genius appt until Sunday, five days out. Beyond ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have an iPhone and use AT&T. Texts randomly deleted, moving around based on time, doubles sent and doubled received and finally not getting texts as I use messenger on Facebook to ask if they replied and they said they had. Cluster. Can't get an apple genius appt until Sunday, five days out. Beyond ridiculous. I also have received "unknown"/"message not received" with the same phone number others listed.  Knoxville Tennessee area code 865. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.