Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Message not found

Contributor

Message not found

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1. For the past week I've been getting text messages from Unknown that say "Message not found".

What's going on?

Message 1 of 62
Contributor

Re: Message not found

This just started happening to me, I'm concerned by how old some of these posts are and the fact this is happening to me, twice this week. What if I am missing an important texts from my boss? Plus I'm paying for a service that is not functioning correctly.
Message 31 of 62
Highlighted
Contributor

I'm also getting the "message not found" texts.  Amazing that this has been going on for over a year now and AT&T has only bothered to reply once, and that was to say that the problem was fixed (when it's clearly not).  It's nice to know that the $300/month that I pay to AT&T is buying beach homes for their executives rather than supporting the product that I'm paying for.  

For what it's worth I have a LG G3 that runs Android Marshmallow.

Message 32 of 62
Contributor

Same problem here! So what's the deal with these messages?
Message 33 of 62
Contributor

This is happening to me constantly - it literally floods my phone w these messages and takes over ! What is the fix ?
Message 34 of 62
Contributor

Been getting these a lot recently. Latest update of IOS (9.3.2) and got two of them at 4AM this morning and a couple weeks ago the same thing. Woke me up. Kinda obnoxious. They were SMS messages, not iMessages, and they were from "unknown" with content "message not found."
Message 35 of 62
Contributor

I started getting this error this morning and it is annoying.  Between AT&T garbling the texts I send and sending double texts this is disappointing and highly unreliable service. 

Message 36 of 62
Contributor

I just switched to AT&T from Verizon a week ago and this problem started. I get these messages daily, usually even multiple times daily. I'm surprised they haven't done anything yet even though so many people have been having this problem for a while. Never had this problem with Verizon...
Message 37 of 62
Contributor

My messages are being sent by "unknown" and the message is "Message not found" at least 600 times. Everytime I get the texts it's 100 at a time. Extremely annoying.
Message 38 of 62
Contributor

I don't know anything about this either. I have gotten a few messages like that in the past, but now I GOT 190 TEXTS FROM 'UNKNOWN' saying message not found. Personally, I think this is kinda creepy especially because I'm a young girl and things creep me out. But, what is this? Is it a glitch or an error?
Message 39 of 62
Contributor

I have an iPhone and use AT&T. Texts randomly deleted, moving around based on time, doubles sent and doubled received and finally not getting texts as I use messenger on Facebook to ask if they replied and they said they had. Cluster. Can't get an apple genius appt until Sunday, five days out. Beyond ridiculous.
Message 40 of 62
Contributor

I have an iPhone and use AT&T. Texts randomly deleted, moving around based on time, doubles sent and doubled received and finally not getting texts as I use messenger on Facebook to ask if they replied and they said they had. Cluster. Can't get an apple genius appt until Sunday, five days out. Beyond ridiculous. I also have received "unknown"/"message not received" with the same phone number others listed.  Knoxville Tennessee area code 865. 

Message 41 of 62
Contributor

This just started happening to me too. It'll download 20+ to 40+ messages all from unknown and it'll say message not found. I've gotten over 200 of these messages in the last week. I've tried soft restart and disabling iMessag to no avail. Help!
Message 42 of 62
Tutor

Someone needs to fix this...this has been going on way to long. AT&T is no help and going with another carriers is not an option in my area. I too am getting "Anonymous- message not found" and also a lot of "Unreceived mms- message arrived. Receive?" but when I select download nothing happens! I have tried all kinds of resets and setting options and nothing helps. Why can't AT&T contact Apple if it's an issue there? I can't believe a solution has not been found. Please....Someone..fix this issue and offer an update
Message 43 of 62

I have lost all faith in both Apple and AT&T for letting this problem continue.  Inexcusable that no one at Apple or AT&T can seem to fix this issue.  I've wasted countless hours trying to get a resolution. Last year when this started I gave up after about 20 hours of being on the phone and going by the store.  Then the problem randomly went away for a few months and now it's back again. SOMEONE AT ATT DO SOMETHING ALREADY!!!!!

Message 44 of 62
Contributor

For the last week, my iphone has been receiving these same "Unknown" contact and "message not found" texts. What can be done?

Thank you,

Megan H. 

Message 45 of 62
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support