Need your talk or text logs?
jake4ucla's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 10:03 PM

Message not found

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1. For the past week I've been getting text messages from Unknown that say "Message not found".

What's going on?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is happening daily and has been happening for months now.  I have reset my phone, I even went as far as to rollback the most recent update and go back to factory settings.  The issue is still occuring.  I am seriously contemplating changing carriers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It has been happening to me for months now. I'll get messages up to a week after they have been sent to me. Would someone from ATT actually respond to our problem. I've done everything customer service has asked and nothing has worked. If this doesn't get resolved you can guarantee I'll be going else where

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Um yes... I'm having the same issue; minimum two missed messages per week. This is obserd. I've missed very important deadlines bc of this issue. It's annoying that it's been going on this long with no resolve. It would be a little more tolerable if I could see who the message is from or at least the body then I'd try to fill in the blank. I'd rather pay a little more with another carrier to ensure this problem no longer exist. AT&T offers zero consideration, resolve, discounts or compassion for this problem. Just pay your bill on time to ensure you get half service or they'll cut your service. Ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've been having text message issues for past month from an annomyous text..a number that I don't know. When we call it , it dosent ring. I called att and they said theirs nothing they can do and if it gets life threatening to call the cops. I can change my number but it will affect my business since u use that number for my business as well. This is very annoying ! Messages are semi threatening too. I called the cops and they said the same thing and to call our cell phone carrier. If this dosent stop I'm afraid I am going to have to change carriers.....I've been a customer since 2004 and I can't believe nothing can be done!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So this has been going on for customers for this long, and there has still been no resolution?!?
I received a few of these messages a couple of weeks ago, and then last night a flood of over 50 of them came in at once (sender:Unknown, body: message not found). AT&T connects me with Apple, who had me reset my network settings. When the phone came back on, over 100 of the same message came in. Have I really missed over 150 texts with this phone? Someone needs to do something to fix this problem, people cannot be missing important communications!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was also getting the unknown messages but know my phone doesnt turn on. It shuts of and when I turn it back on it shuts off again before the lock screen even comes up. What should I do???

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I can't believe that this issue has gone on for a year with no resolution. I have had this issue for two months and didn't realize I was actually missing messages. This is a problem that needs to be resolved because it is effecting a substantial amount of people.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

How is it resolved?

What is the solution, it is impossible to have this pop-up every other second...I tried everything, even caled ATT and no solution. I was told the only solution is to change carriers...my contract expires in January, so should I move to VERIZON because of this no sense?

Can anyone help at all?

Thank you

LCL

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have received these messages off and on also not all the time but as recent as this morning at 4:24 same thing unknown and message not found

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This just started happening to me, I'm concerned by how old some of these posts are and the fact this is happening to me, twice this week. What if I am missing an important texts from my boss? Plus I'm paying for a service that is not functioning correctly.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.