Need your talk or text logs?
jake4ucla's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 10:03 PM

Message not found

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1. For the past week I've been getting text messages from Unknown that say "Message not found".

What's going on?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I've been getting "Message unknown found" daily now.  It has to do with my group text with my friends who are on other carriers and non-iphone.  I compared my string of text to my friends phone and was missing several text messages.  I called AT&T and they could not answer my question.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yup, me too. I have called Technicial Support and provided them the message exact as it was shown and start doing all this pinging and steps to see what the problem is and was a total waste of time. They dont know they are talking about nor doing, and cant find a suitable solution to this problem. I am going to do some research to see if other carriers experience the same issue. If not, I am switching over.

I dont pay the amount I do monthly to get spotty and incomplete service. Neither should you.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

If you have an iPhone, try disabling the "iMessage" functionality.  When you send messages using iMessage, they messages go to an Apple server, then from there they are sent directly to the other person's phone if they are using an iPhone, but if they aren't then the messages are sent via SMS by the Apple servers indicating that they are being sent from your phone.  This could easily be a problem on the Apple end and near impossible for AT&T to track down (or fix).  Disabling iMessage and seeing if your problem is fixed would be a good place to start to try to get this resolved.  If that works, then you know it's an Apple (or Apple specific to AT&T) problem.  If that doesn't fix it, then you know the problem is either on your end (in your phone) or on the AT&T end.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

My work around for this was just to "archive" the text message. Now it won't show up anymoreanymore, when I send a text message.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Same here with a 64GB 6 Plus. Happening more and more often now. Please help

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Just started getting this also from Unknown Sender: Message not found after upgrading my M8 to Lolipop.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have received 2 of these messages in the last week. How can I stop this, Please.
The sender is "Unknown"
The Message is "Message not found"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've got an iPhone 5 and just updated the software to iOS 9.0. Received the same message when my phone turned back on. I just hate how it doesn't even say who the missing text is from. So now I don't know if the message I received was an emergency or not.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

same here, its EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This happenend to me today as well. I had terrible customer service from an ATT store (apparently they are not allowed to troubleshoot, or give help of any kind) and I would really like to know whose text I am missing. I pay a lot of money everyt month and ought to know who it is that needs to get in touch with me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.