09-25-2008 11:07 AM
Solved by: Go to Solution.
09-25-2008 1:24 PM
09-25-2008 3:13 PM
09-25-2008 6:41 PM
- edited 09-26-2008 1:31 AM
I had that same issue.
1. Open up Device Manager
(XP: start-right click on My computer-properties-hardware tab- Device Manager)
(Vista: Circle-control panel-device manager)
2. Look for “Other Devices”
3. In other devices locate any driver related to the air card that i.e. HSDPA Modem etc.
** A hint, Other Devices usually have a big yellow ? then other devices. **
4. Right Click and Uninstall any of these drivers
5. Remove the card for a few seconds and reinsert it
6. Check the device manager after the computer states “your devices are installed and ready to use”
· Look for other devices, if it isn’t there, that’s great.
7. Open up AT&T Communication manager, If it allows you to connect, connect and attempt to browse
8. If it does not allow you to connect and all drivers are showing in the proper location uninstall these drivers and reconnect
9. If still not working reboot and re-attempt
Visit these related resourcesView AT&T Bill Help!