For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
steve76063's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, October 21st, 2010 10:47 PM

MediaNet vs AT&T ISP

OK, I just turned on AT&T Tethering (which meant I had to give up my unlimited Data account Smiley Mad)...Now, which do I choose for my Internet connections (Start/Settings/Connections/Advanced/Select Networks), MediaNet, or AT&T ISP?

Inquiring minds want to know Smiley Happy

Also, if both are available, why should I choose one over the other -- does one  offer more bandwith?

Steve

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

13 years ago

Tethering should only be done using the AT&T ISP connection, since it's the one you're paying the big bucks for. It's the connection designed to be used by computers, instead of MediaNet which is designed for mobile phones. Tethering through MediaNet is also against the terms and conditions.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

Ah...that clears it up.  Thanks for the infoSmiley Wink

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I HAVE A ELEVATE HOT SPOT HOOKED TO A DVR. IT WORKS GREAT WITH A INTERNET CONNECTION WITH MY CPU AND IPHONE, IF THE IPHONE IS CONNECT TO A WIFI. THE IPHONE WILL WORK GREAT WHEN I USE THE INTERNAL IP ADDRESS OF THE DVR WHEN MY IPHONE IS WIFI TO THE ELEVATE. I CAN ALSO USE OTHER PHONE CARRIERS AND IT WORKS FINE.  BUT WHEN I USE MY PHONE TO CONNECT BY USING A CELL TOWER CONNECTION AND USING THE INTERNET, IT WILL NOT CONNECT.I HAVE TRIED IT ON 4 OTHER AT&T PHONES AND NO LUCK. WHEN I USE AT&T NETWORK ON BOTH DEVICES IT FAILS. TECH HELP JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY. THEY COME UP WITH ALL KINDS OF WRONG ANSWERS AND MANY TRANSFERS TO OTHER LEVELS WITH NO ANSWERS WHY. I NEED TO GET TO SOME ENGINEER OR SOMETHING. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.