Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Limited Tethering

Teacher

Limited Tethering

Why is it that when i am paying for something I CANT USE IT THE WAY I WANT!!!! It dose not matter how i use my gb IE: tethering, if i am paying for them. JUST DOSE NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!

Message 1 of 11
Employee

Re: limited teathering

what is it you arent able to do? i use my tethering all the time with no issues

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 11
ACE - Sage

For the same reason you can’t drive the speed you want on the roads, you have to share.  In order for ATT to provide enough for all, they do place some limits.  

You pay for usage, you don’t “own” the data...   if you don’t like ATT’s terms, go somewhere else

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

Re: This post JUST DOSE NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!

@jessyf wrote:

Why is it that when i am paying for something I CANT USE IT THE WAY I WANT!!!! It dose not matter how i use my gb IE: tethering, if i am paying for them. JUST DOSE NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!

WE don't know what you are talking about.

What isn't working?

What is the name of the plan you have?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Teacher

Re: This post JUST DOSE NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!

I wanted to up grade to the ATT prepaid 20 gb, But they do not allow tethering! Its just dose not matter how i use the data as long as i pay!

Message 5 of 11
Teacher

WELL YOUR REFERENCE IS NOT THE SAME!! SO THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!
Message 6 of 11
Teacher

I can tether on the lower gb, but when upgrading to the 20gb with ATT you cant tether. That's all.
Message 7 of 11
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-05-2018 4:37 PM

There is no such thing as a prepaid 20 gig plan 

There is a $85 ($75 after discount) unlimited plan for prepaid that allows Some tethering.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 11
ACE - Sage

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

Message 9 of 11
Teacher

OK, I will check it out. thanks.
Message 10 of 11
Community Manager

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution! The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

To discuss a new topic, please use the "Ask A Question" button above.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support