Helpful Links

It is 2018. Time to increase the group text limit

Tutor

It is 2018. Time to increase the group text limit

Just please do this.  10 is useless.

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Expert

Re: It is 2018. Time to increase the group text limit

Not going to happen.  Att does not care.  They look at it as a way to combat spam.  It works...  I get less spam than my sister who is on Verizon .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15
ACE - Sage

I know it’s been 4 years, but I almost never got spam on Verizon, I rarely get spam now.  It’s a poor excuse.  Users who regularly need more than 10 are going to have to get creative because ATT indeed, doesn’t care.  

I find it odd it is such a big deal that someone would change carriers. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 15
Employee

SMS was never intended as a method for mass communication. In fact, in 2018, there are far better methods to disseminate any kind of information on a wider scale. The expectation should be that the group limit will always stay at 10.

It's more than just spam control. A carrier simply cannot troubleshoot or pinpoint an issue if there is a group, among different carriers, that has 2 dozen people in it. E-mail and other methods are better suited for larger groups.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 15
ACE - Sage

@David606

Weeeelll...   SMS is a reliable form of direct communication.   Most of us use text, get an instant notification and respond immediately to them.  I do not check my email every time a new email comes in.    And talk about spam.   I unsubscribe or block new spam daily in my email.  

Lets be honest... ATT could match Verizon’s 20 limit.  They just don’t care to.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 15

Yes, of course email is better, but what if you are trying to use the group text because you cannot use email, for instance, during network outages, natural disasters, etc.?  This is when sending a text blast to your organization is the most critical.  You need to inform them but have no other way to do it. 

Message 6 of 15
ACE - Expert

@carissa11190 wrote:

Yes, of course email is better, but what if you are trying to use the group text because you cannot use email, for instance, during network outages, natural disasters, etc.?  This is when sending a text blast to your organization is the most critical.  You need to inform them but have no other way to do it. 

If the organization is big enough they should be using a text blast software in the first place.  We use several for emergency alerts here.

Message 7 of 15

Thank you so much for your response. I am looking into a solution for the scenario you referenced. There are also times when we, as departments, need to communicate between leadership (over 10 users). It's a bi-directional need, not just a blast.

Message 8 of 15
ACE - Expert

@carissa11190 wrote:
Thank you so much for your response. I am looking into a solution for the scenario you referenced. There are also times when we, as departments, need to communicate between leadership (over 10 users). It's a bi-directional need, not just a blast.

We are not allowed to use texts as official communications between leadership.

Message 9 of 15

OK, that's unfortunate for you. But we are, and ATT isn't helping the matter.

Message 10 of 15
ACE - Expert

@carissa11190 wrote:
OK, that's unfortunate for you. But we are, and ATT isn't helping the matter.

try remind me...  it may help you out.

Message 11 of 15
Tutor

The siolution is to move to Verizon or the $40 all star nclusive plan on T-Mobile.  My wife is on same account and can respond to more than 10 with an iPhone,  have android and cannot

Message 12 of 15
ACE - Sage

@Monty1117

If that works for you.   Fact is ATT’s excuse is a poor one.  Each time changes are discussed, this fails to make the top 10.  

I must admit, I never got scam or ads by text till I switched my line to Verizon.  But it’s not enough of an inconvenience to block a useful feature. 

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

Please increase the group text limit. So frustrating. 

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Contributor

2019 = Verizon

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support