For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
lizsmom09's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 29th, 2018 5:25 PM

It is 2018. Time to increase the group text limit

Just please do this.  10 is useless.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Not going to happen.  Att does not care.  They look at it as a way to combat spam.  It works...  I get less spam than my sister who is on Verizon .

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

I know it’s been 4 years, but I almost never got spam on Verizon, I rarely get spam now.  It’s a poor excuse.  Users who regularly need more than 10 are going to have to get creative because ATT indeed, doesn’t care.  

I find it odd it is such a big deal that someone would change carriers. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

SMS was never intended as a method for mass communication. In fact, in 2018, there are far better methods to disseminate any kind of information on a wider scale. The expectation should be that the group limit will always stay at 10.

It's more than just spam control. A carrier simply cannot troubleshoot or pinpoint an issue if there is a group, among different carriers, that has 2 dozen people in it. E-mail and other methods are better suited for larger groups.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@David606

Weeeelll...   SMS is a reliable form of direct communication.   Most of us use text, get an instant notification and respond immediately to them.  I do not check my email every time a new email comes in.    And talk about spam.   I unsubscribe or block new spam daily in my email.  

Lets be honest... ATT could match Verizon’s 20 limit.  They just don’t care to.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, of course email is better, but what if you are trying to use the group text because you cannot use email, for instance, during network outages, natural disasters, etc.?  This is when sending a text blast to your organization is the most critical.  You need to inform them but have no other way to do it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@carissa11190 wrote:

Yes, of course email is better, but what if you are trying to use the group text because you cannot use email, for instance, during network outages, natural disasters, etc.?  This is when sending a text blast to your organization is the most critical.  You need to inform them but have no other way to do it. 

If the organization is big enough they should be using a text blast software in the first place.  We use several for emergency alerts here.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you so much for your response. I am looking into a solution for the scenario you referenced. There are also times when we, as departments, need to communicate between leadership (over 10 users). It's a bi-directional need, not just a blast.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@carissa11190 wrote:
Thank you so much for your response. I am looking into a solution for the scenario you referenced. There are also times when we, as departments, need to communicate between leadership (over 10 users). It's a bi-directional need, not just a blast.

We are not allowed to use texts as official communications between leadership.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

OK, that's unfortunate for you. But we are, and ATT isn't helping the matter.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@carissa11190 wrote:
OK, that's unfortunate for you. But we are, and ATT isn't helping the matter.

try remind me...  it may help you out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.