Need your talk or text logs?
FoxCantrell's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 3:47 AM

Issue with Canada texts.

Im having difficulty with this. My freind can text my phone, and i recive his text. His number is a canadian number via Bell, and im on the $25 monthly unlimited plan. I recive the texts, but it seems like i cant send. Is there a certain code to place in front of the number 905-xxx-xxxx ? my phone added the number with +1905-xxx-xxxx automatically and this is the number i reply to.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

Not sure if it works like calling canada is it 1 + (city code) + Local number, so to call Hamilton Ontario it is

1 = long distance code

905 = Hamilton On city code

123456789 = telephone number

That is how I call a friend there

Be aware you could be charged for international texting.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@FoxCantrell wrote:

Im thinkin its due to the $25 monthly unlimited plan. It says 25 cents for international texts. However this wouldnt explain why i can recive them but not send. No extra funds on my account to do such. If it costs why only charge to send a message??

Would suspect that your friend is getting the international charges, have seen the charge only applied to outgoing texts, not incoming. The plan would not stop you from sending, the charge would be billed to your phone if it does it.

Guru

• 

507 Messages

13 years ago

i dont know if canada has a country code use that and the number. if still will not work try checking your account if you are capable of texting to canada..

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I have checked. It says its capable. Like i said I recive his texts just fine. I send replies and hes not getting them. Phone says sent succsessfully, and there is no message sent back like an error message.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Im thinkin its due to the $25 monthly unlimited plan. It says 25 cents for international texts. However this wouldnt explain why i can recive them but not send. No extra funds on my account to do such. If it costs why only charge to send a message??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

His plan covers it, included with his message package. But that does make sense thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.