Need your talk or text logs?
vbra088's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 3rd, 2019 6:10 PM

Is there a way to force emails to texts to come from one number or be MMS from one number?

There is a post on here from 2017 that the solution is to simply use number@mms.att.net but to me that doesn't work at all. 

I use a service that checks servers and it sends an email to my phone number every time a switch or device goes down. It does it once per hour until the problem is resolved. Problem is, every time I get a notification, it's from a different number. Is there a way to fix this? I have a T-Mobile phone from my employer that had the same issue. I simply changed the notification message to a longer (160+ characters) and that problem was resolved. I tried doing the same with the AT&T service and had no luck. It's all still coming from another number. 

Any ideas? Let me know!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

The only way I have managed to get it to come from one number is to use @mms.att.net, rather than the @txt.att.net service. It usually works flawlessly, and doesn't cut up longer texts like the TXT service can. However, they appear to be having major issues with the MMS service today, reported by a number of people on here, so it might not be the best day to try it...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You were right. It was just a bad day. Seems like it is working now. Do you know how often this happens? If its too often, I probably wont be able to rely on the MMS services. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.