Need your talk or text logs?
pigskin072's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 1:37 AM

Closed

Is there ANY way to view my child's text messages?!?

My son is always deleting his text messages, and he says that they are none of my buisiness. I was wondering if there was ANY way to view the text messages without having to actually see them on his phone. I really want to know what he's talking about, and he's starting to make me a little suspicious. Can I call AT&T? Can I see them online? Can I get a print out somehow?

Any and all responses will be highly appreciated! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Since this thread tends to get a lot of views, I wanted to confirm that there is no method to view other people's text messages without physically looking at their phone. 

AT&T does offer a product for Android phones that allows texts to be viewed on a computer but it must be installed on the phone as well. Here is more information about it. http://www.att.com/shop/apps/att-messages.html#fbid=OBu94kyoIZT

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

15 years ago

No you can't.  You didn't say how old he is but there is that program where you can limit his texting and who he can text. That might be an option. Has he given you any other reason to be suspicious?

As to being your business...Do you pay for his service? Does he have a phone due to your generosity? Then you can make it your business. You are the parent. And if his texting causes problems you can always block texting from his phone.  If he is under age, then whatever he does is your business...there are legal ramifications to things a child can do...and sometimes the parent is the one to pay.  So there is ample reason to stay in charge. I can see why his being secretive might make you suspicious, but watch for other things too.

Good luck.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

15 years ago

I'm sure you can..... If you get a subpoena for the text messages he sent.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

15 years ago

if hes using a smartphone, theres software out there thatll forward messages to your phone w/o his knowledge. youll just have to get it out of his hands for a few minutes to install it.

Guru

• 

440 Messages

15 years ago

I don't know if or how it works, but I googled "how to read deleted text messages and got this

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Is there anyway to view your childs messages if they have not been deleted without them knowing?

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

You have to get their phone. No other way than as previously noted.

Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

15 years ago

@rnawky wrote:
I'm sure you can..... If you get a subpoena for the text messages he sent.

You're going to have to have a very good reason to request a subpoena, wanting to know what your child is text messaging isn't going to be a good enough reason.

Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

15 years ago

@smmonfee wrote:
No you can't.  You didn't say how old he is but there is that program where you can limit his texting and who he can text. That might be an option. Has he given you any other reason to be suspicious?

As to being your business...Do you pay for his service? Does he have a phone due to your generosity? Then you can make it your business. You are the parent. And if his texting causes problems you can always block texting from his phone.  If he is under age, then whatever he does is your business...there are legal ramifications to things a child can do...and sometimes the parent is the one to pay.  So there is ample reason to stay in charge. I can see why his being secretive might make you suspicious, but watch for other things too.

Good luck.

Kids want their privacy, just like adults do.  I see nothing suspicious about wanting your privacy.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

eddyjr wrote:
I don't know if or how it works, but I googled "how to read deleted text messages and got this

I'm curioius if how the site works. I have heard there was a way to recover deleted information. But that was all I have heard. If anyone tries this. Please post how effective it is.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.