Need your talk or text logs?
Looking4Deal's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2017 9:48 PM

Is tethering included on new Unlimited Plan starting 2/17/2017?

Is tethering included on new Unlimited Plan starting 2/17/2017?

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 definitely just dropping the DTV side isn't going to cut it! Not sure what ATT is going after with this awful attempt at remaining competitive. Verizon definitely has the better deal and sadly the better network. Definitely disheartening... thought ATT would take a more aggressive approach.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Busternutt wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

Sadly, all ATT did was drop the TV requirement.  This isn't going to do it...

Think about all those customer who are locked into 2 year contracts for Direct TV. I bet some of them will be absolutely livid!!

@Busternutt

Just in the past 2 weeks a customer wrote they needed the unlimited data, so they cleared $4,000 in trees to put in direct TV.  Hope they wanted the TV service anyway.  Smiley Surprised 

And I think what they wanted to do was to use the hotspot!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@JohnnyDoe wrote:

@lizdance40 definitely just dropping the DTV side isn't going to cut it! Not sure what ATT is going after with this awful attempt at remaining competitive. Verizon definitely has the better deal and sadly the better network. Definitely disheartening... thought ATT would take a more aggressive approach.

att is so out of touch with the consumer its not even funny anymore.

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 I couldn't agree with you more! Tried chatting with an ATT rep tonight to simply ask why they don't offer tethering of any sort. I wish I could have screen shot the 'bland' and 'empty' customer service responses he gave back.... it honestly was disgraceful. I've really enjoyed AT&T since switching but jeez, the deals the other carriers (including Verizon) have out right now are really almost to hard to pass up on. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Simply not a competitive offer....

Woman Frustrated

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I had to login just to post. I get a corporate discount with ATT. So 15GB of data on family share plan, 3 lines, and I own my phones. $135 per month after Taxes. The T-Mo prices is $140 after taxes for unlimited everything and tethering. Why should i NOT switch?

Not to mention the free access from other countries and 10GB of tethering... 

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@alphadog00 I'm with you there... the ATT unlimited plan isn't what I think anyone on here was hoping for and it looks like the subscriber losses will continue based on the lack of aggressiveness in their current plans/offerings. Even Sprint has up'd their Unlimited Plan to match both Verizon/T-Mobile.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

@alphadog00 I'm with you there... the ATT unlimited plan isn't what I think anyone on here was hoping for and it looks like the subscriber losses will continue based on the lack of aggressiveness in their current plans/offerings. Even Sprint has up'd their Unlimited Plan to match both Verizon/T-Mobile.

The more i think about it the more i get mad as a consumer. We have 3 phone lines.. even with corp discount, the new plan would be 100(-23) + 40 +40 = $157. I don't need a free 4th line, although i could use it with a GSM iPad i have, but why. 

Sprint and Verizon are out of the question for me until they allow unlocked phones in a more friendly manner. I have been a customer of all carriers at one time. Verizon coverage is no better for me, Sprint was poor in the past, and the only reason i left Tmo was coverage when i traveled. All the Tmo coverage appears to be fixed and getting better, while ATT LTE speeds are only great in areas where they have no users. 

I also leave near canada, and travel some internationally. ATT plans were not terrible in the past for international, but even at $10 a day now, Tmo offers basic connectivity for free. 

Oh, and Tmo will give me $150 per line to switch even when i bring my own phone. Next week, daughter is home from college. All 3 phones in the house, so visit to the Tmo store is in my future unless ATT does something different. 

Maybe I will come back to ATT one day, but I don't see a reason too unless Tmo turns out to be really poor performance. But the latest test results rank them above ATT. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I could be wrong but I think this is not ATT's last change to the unlimited plan. Believe it or not, it takes quite a bit of time to institute new pricing and adding hotspot isn't as easy as one might think. I suspect ATT was caught off guard with Verizon's plan and there are more changes in the works. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@alphadog00 wrote:

The more i think about it the more i get mad as a consumer. We have 3 phone lines.. even with corp discount, the new plan would be 100(-23) + 40 +40 = $157. I don't need a free 4th line, although i could use it with a GSM iPad i have, but why. 

Sprint and Verizon are out of the question for me until they allow unlocked phones in a more friendly manner. I have been a customer of all carriers at one time. Verizon coverage is no better for me, Sprint was poor in the past, and the only reason i left Tmo was coverage when i traveled. All the Tmo coverage appears to be fixed and getting better, while ATT LTE speeds are only great in areas where they have no users. 

I also leave near canada, and travel some internationally. ATT plans were not terrible in the past for international, but even at $10 a day now, Tmo offers basic connectivity for free. 

Oh, and Tmo will give me $150 per line to switch even when i bring my own phone. Next week, daughter is home from college. All 3 phones in the house, so visit to the Tmo store is in my future unless ATT does something different. 

Maybe I will come back to ATT one day, but I don't see a reason too unless Tmo turns out to be really poor performance. But the latest test results rank them above ATT. 

@alphadog00

your discount is only off the 60 dollar part of the plan not the 100...  That is why the verizon deal looks so darn good.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.