Need your talk or text logs?
Looking4Deal's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2017 9:48 PM

Is tethering included on new Unlimited Plan starting 2/17/2017?

Is tethering included on new Unlimited Plan starting 2/17/2017?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

No mention of it so I don't think so.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks. It looks like a lot of people will be leaving AT&T and switching to another carrier if that's the case.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Sadly, all ATT did was drop the TV requirement.  This isn't going to do it...

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Don't their mentions of unlimited usually say "no hotspot or tethering" somewhere?

And why isn't there a price for a single line plan in the story? http://about.att.com/story/att_expands_access_to_unlimited_data.html

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@lizdance40 Don't their mentions of unlimited usually say "no hotspot or tethering" somewhere?

And why isn't there a price for a single line plan in the story? http://about.att.com/story/att_expands_access_to_unlimited_data.html

I see nothing on tethering.  If the plan comes out tomorrow without tethering, It will just add insult to injury.   

They are changing nothing about price.  

The only consession is they are allowing employee discounts on the $60 plan charge.

Verizon has a better offer.  

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 years ago

"* Price after $40 credit for 4th smartphone line. Credit starts in 2 bills. Pay $220/ month until credit starts. After 22 GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds during periods of network congestion. Plan includes stream saver. Additional data and other restrictions apply."

You have to wait for the bill credits to be added to the bill in order for the price to match the Verizon price? I seriously hope AT&T is good about getting those bill credits on the bill when they say they will be.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Think about all those customer who are locked into 2 year contracts for Direct TV. I bet some of them will be absolutely livid!!

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

One benefit to the customer if they're in a contract with DirecTV is that cable providers are also offering contract buyouts to customers willing to switch back to cable.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Ann154 wrote:
"* Price after $40 credit for 4th smartphone line. Credit starts in 2 bills. Pay $220/ month until credit starts. After 22 GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds during periods of network congestion. Plan includes stream saver. Additional data and other restrictions apply."

You have to wait for the bill credits to be added to the bill in order for the price to match the Verizon price? I seriously hope AT&T is good about getting those bill credits on the bill when they say they will be.

@Ann154

Welcome back to ATT forum Ann.... unlike the promotional credits for switching or BOGO, this credit is automatically applied by the second billing.  

As I have written....beware you don't get trampled in the stampede to Verizon.  Woman Wink

The lack of tethering has been a sore spot with many.   This will be the last straw.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Busternutt wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

Think about all those customer who are locked into 2 year contracts for Direct TV. I bet some of them will be absolutely livid!!

@Busternutt

Just in the past 2 weeks a customer wrote they needed the unlimited data, so they cleared $4,000 in trees to put in direct TV.  Hope they wanted the TV service anyway.  Smiley Surprised

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.