Helpful Links

Is tethering included on new Unlimited Plan starting 2/17/2017?

Highlighted

Message 1 of 39
ACE - Expert

Re: Is tethering included on new Unlimited Plan starting 2/17/2017?

No mention of it so I don't think so.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 39

Thanks. It looks like a lot of people will be leaving AT&T and switching to another carrier if that's the case.

Message 3 of 39
ACE - Expert

Sadly, all ATT did was drop the TV requirement.  This isn't going to do it...

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 39
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 Don't their mentions of unlimited usually say "no hotspot or tethering" somewhere?

And why isn't there a price for a single line plan in the story? http://about.att.com/story/att_expands_access_to_unlimited_data.html

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 5 of 39
    ACE - Expert

garylapointe wrote:

@lizdance40 Don't their mentions of unlimited usually say "no hotspot or tethering" somewhere?

And why isn't there a price for a single line plan in the story? http://about.att.com/story/att_expands_access_to_unlimited_data.html

I see nothing on tethering.  If the plan comes out tomorrow without tethering, It will just add insult to injury.   

They are changing nothing about price.  

The only consession is they are allowing employee discounts on the $60 plan charge.

Verizon has a better offer.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
    Message 6 of 39
    Master

"* Price after $40 credit for 4th smartphone line. Credit starts in 2 bills. Pay $220/ month until credit starts. After 22 GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds during periods of network congestion. Plan includes stream saver. Additional data and other restrictions apply."

You have to wait for the bill credits to be added to the bill in order for the price to match the Verizon price? I seriously hope AT&T is good about getting those bill credits on the bill when they say they will be.
    Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
    Message 7 of 39
    ACE - Professor

lizdance40 wrote:

Think about all those customer who are locked into 2 year contracts for Direct TV. I bet some of them will be absolutely livid!!

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
    Message 8 of 39

One benefit to the customer if they're in a contract with DirecTV is that cable providers are also offering contract buyouts to customers willing to switch back to cable.

Message 9 of 39
    ACE - Expert

Ann154 wrote:
    "* Price after $40 credit for 4th smartphone line. Credit starts in 2 bills. Pay $220/ month until credit starts. After 22 GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds during periods of network congestion. Plan includes stream saver. Additional data and other restrictions apply."

You have to wait for the bill credits to be added to the bill in order for the price to match the Verizon price? I seriously hope AT&T is good about getting those bill credits on the bill when they say they will be.

@Ann154

Welcome back to ATT forum Ann.... unlike the promotional credits for switching or BOGO, this credit is automatically applied by the second billing.  

As I have written....beware you don't get trampled in the stampede to Verizon.  Woman Wink

The lack of tethering has been a sore spot with many.   This will be the last straw.

Message 10 of 39
    ACE - Expert

Busternutt wrote:

lizdance40 wrote:

Think about all those customer who are locked into 2 year contracts for Direct TV. I bet some of them will be absolutely livid!!

@Busternutt

Just in the past 2 weeks a customer wrote they needed the unlimited data, so they cleared $4,000 in trees to put in direct TV.  Hope they wanted the TV service anyway.  Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 39

@lizdance40 definitely just dropping the DTV side isn't going to cut it! Not sure what ATT is going after with this awful attempt at remaining competitive. Verizon definitely has the better deal and sadly the better network. Definitely disheartening... thought ATT would take a more aggressive approach.

Message 12 of 39
    ACE - Expert

lizdance40 wrote:

Busternutt wrote:

lizdance40 wrote:

@Busternutt

Just in the past 2 weeks a customer wrote they needed the unlimited data, so they cleared $4,000 in trees to put in direct TV.  Hope they wanted the TV service anyway.  Smiley Surprised 

And I think what they wanted to do was to use the hotspot!

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 13 of 39
    ACE - Expert

JohnnyDoe wrote:

@lizdance40 definitely just dropping the DTV side isn't going to cut it! Not sure what ATT is going after with this awful attempt at remaining competitive. Verizon definitely has the better deal and sadly the better network. Definitely disheartening... thought ATT would take a more aggressive approach.

att is so out of touch with the consumer its not even funny anymore.

Message 14 of 39

@GLIMMERMAN76 I couldn't agree with you more! Tried chatting with an ATT rep tonight to simply ask why they don't offer tethering of any sort. I wish I could have screen shot the 'bland' and 'empty' customer service responses he gave back.... it honestly was disgraceful. I've really enjoyed AT&T since switching but jeez, the deals the other carriers (including Verizon) have out right now are really almost to hard to pass up on. 

Message 15 of 39
    Share this topic
    Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support