Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 30, 2013
10:47:12 AM
View profile
Is iMessage international really free?
I have a friend who traveled to Asia but he lives in the states. If we text over iMessage will I at all get charged?
I have turned off the automatic send as an SMS if iMessage fails. Is there anything else I need to do?
I have a friend who traveled to Asia but he lives in the states. If we text over iMessage will I at all get charged?
I have turned off the automatic send as an SMS if iMessage fails. Is there anything else I need to do?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 30, 2013 1:55:58 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Nope, should be good. iMessade uses data only for as long as you're online you'll be fine.

d.

Accepted Solution

Is iMessage international really free?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 30, 2013 1:55:58 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Nope, should be good. iMessade uses data only for as long as you're online you'll be fine.

d.

d.

Re: Is iMessage international really free?

2 of 7 (5,781 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 2:34:44 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks!
Thanks!

3 of 7 (5,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2013 5:09:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
Just to be safe I'd use Text Free or some other text client, or even an IM client (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ)
Just to be safe I'd use Text Free or some other text client, or even an IM client (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ)
~~Sent from my iPhone

4 of 7 (5,629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2016 10:16:23 AM
(0)
Contributor
Will data associated with iMessage international be international rate charges or from regular monthly data plan ?
Will data associated with iMessage international be international rate charges or from regular monthly data plan ?

5 of 7 (120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2016 10:21:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Only on your friends phone.  If you use wifi and have SMS off, you are safe.  The only way to b charged for intentional data, is to be in another country.

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information

Only on your friends phone.  If you use wifi and have SMS off, you are safe.  The only way to b charged for intentional data, is to be in another country.

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2016 5:48:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Even as SMS, if their number is a US number, you aren't going to be billed regardless of where they are.

Even as SMS, if their number is a US number, you aren't going to be billed regardless of where they are.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (100 Views)