For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
mc645mc's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 15th, 2018 8:46 PM

Is Mobile Share Plus 3GB limited to 3mbps too?

I'm currently on a $40/month At&t PREPAID sim only, but my data is limited to 3mbps. If I upgrade to a contract plan like Mobile Share Plus, will this remove the data speed limit? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, it will but you don’t have to change to a postpaid plan. You are likely on an old plan. The only prepaid plan that had a 3 mbps download speed limit was discontinued. Change to any other plan, either postpaid or prepaid, and you will no longer have that 3 mbps limit.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

You might want to update your plan, that must be very old.  

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

The current $40 ($50 - $10 auto pay) is 8 gigs full speed data.   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I bought the prepaid sim on 15 June this year. Are you saying its changed
since then?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The question is what prepaid plan do you have? I forget when the 3 mbps was dropped but it may have been since June. That restriction was only on the prepaid unlimited data plan. Now there are 2 different prepaid unlimited data plans and no prepaid plan has a 3 mbps speed restriction.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

The current plans I listed have changed only slightly since June.  In June, there was a 3 gig plan, but it was full speed data, not throttled.  

The only prepaid plan offered in the past 4 years and throttled at 3g speed, is the prepaid unlimited Choice plan.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 The plan named Unlimited Choice was postpaid, not prepaid. Prepaid only had one unlimited plan prior to the introduction of the $85 plan. It was not called “choice”.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

I stand corrected, it was similar to the unlimited choice postpaid

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Did some more testing, looks like my APN settings were slightly off. Speed test was hitting 3mbps for 5 tests in a row, but now it's back to 15mb on 3g and nearly 30mb on 4g!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.