Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is Mobile Share Plus 3GB limited to 3mbps too?

Highlighted
Contributor

Is Mobile Share Plus 3GB limited to 3mbps too?

I'm currently on a $40/month At&t PREPAID sim only, but my data is limited to 3mbps. If I upgrade to a contract plan like Mobile Share Plus, will this remove the data speed limit? 

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mc645mc
‎10-16-2018 9:30 AM

Re: Is Mobile Share Plus 3GB limited to 3mbps too?

Yes, it will but you don’t have to change to a postpaid plan. You are likely on an old plan. The only prepaid plan that had a 3 mbps download speed limit was discontinued. Change to any other plan, either postpaid or prepaid, and you will no longer have that 3 mbps limit.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
ACE - Sage

You might want to update your plan, that must be very old.  

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

The current $40 ($50 - $10 auto pay) is 8 gigs full speed data.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9
Contributor

I bought the prepaid sim on 15 June this year. Are you saying its changed
since then?

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Expert

The question is what prepaid plan do you have? I forget when the 3 mbps was dropped but it may have been since June. That restriction was only on the prepaid unlimited data plan. Now there are 2 different prepaid unlimited data plans and no prepaid plan has a 3 mbps speed restriction.

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Sage

The current plans I listed have changed only slightly since June.  In June, there was a 3 gig plan, but it was full speed data, not throttled.  

The only prepaid plan offered in the past 4 years and throttled at 3g speed, is the prepaid unlimited Choice plan.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 The plan named Unlimited Choice was postpaid, not prepaid. Prepaid only had one unlimited plan prior to the introduction of the $85 plan. It was not called “choice”.

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Sage

I stand corrected, it was similar to the unlimited choice postpaid

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

Did some more testing, looks like my APN settings were slightly off. Speed test was hitting 3mbps for 5 tests in a row, but now it's back to 15mb on 3g and nearly 30mb on 4g!

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support