Internet Sharing

Contributor

Internet Sharing

I just got a Nokia Lumia 920, and was very excited by the internet sharing ability I was supposed to have, but I can't unless I get the tethering plans which are double the price, and this would be a nice feature, but I have very fast internet, and only really need it when I'm out and about or camping. I would like to know why I can't use it with my 2gb plan, is there some reason? Or is it just a more money kind of thing?

Message 1 of 2
Expert

Re: Internet Sharing

It's in your Wireless Service Agreement...

6.11   AT&T DataPlusSM/AT&T DataProSM Plans

6.11.1   AT&T Data Plans With Tethering

Tethering is a wireless or wired method in which your AT&T mobile device is used as a modem or router to provide a Internet Access connection to other devices, such as laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, other phones, USB modems, network routers, mobile hotspots, media players, gaming consoles, and other data-capable devices. AT&T data plans with tethering enabled may be used for tethering your AT&T Mobile device to other devices. If you are on a data plan that does not include a monthly megabyte allowance and additional data usage rates, you agree that AT&T has the right to impose additional charges if you use more than 5 GB in a month; prior to the imposition of any additional charges, AT&T shall provide you with notice and you shall have the right to terminate your Service (early termination charges may apply).

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support