For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Geddf18's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 5:33 PM

International txt

I've looked at all the other conversations but they seem old so I'm restarting a new one. Is there any way for me to have my txt from my phone fwded to my google voice number or another number or a app so I can get my American texts while I'm overseas. I will not be buying a att international package

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Geddf18 wrote:
I've looked at all the other conversations but they seem old so I'm restarting a new one. Is there any way for me to have my txt from my phone fwded to my google voice number or another number or a app so I can get my American texts while I'm overseas. I will not be buying a att international package

NO. But if you have a postpaid plan (not prepaid/gophone) you can receive texts for free on most AT&T plans (all?).

When I don't get an international plan, I forward calls to Google Voice and have GV text me the transcripts of the calls.  I also tell my phone not to do data roaming.

I'd recommend the $10 a day plan that only activates IF you use it. That way if you need to call, you've got it already OR (more importantly) if you accidentally switch something on the phone it's only a $10 charge and not a $800 charge.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.