For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Kyle8708's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, April 11th, 2013 2:53 PM

International texting from US to Canada

My friend, who lives in the US, created a group chat with me (US) and 2 guys from Canada. My question is will it count as international texting if I'm not the one who created the group chat?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Kyle8708 wrote:
I just found out using iMessage on the iPhones makes it not apply as international or texting in general.

That is only true if the recipient's also have iPhones/iPads. iMessage only works between Apple devices. The message app on your iphone will send as normal SMS/MMS if the recipient can't receive an iMessage and that would be billed as an international text.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Kyle8708 wrote:
My friend, who lives in the US, created a group chat with me (US) and 2 guys from Canada. My question is will it count as international texting if I'm not the one who created the group chat?

I don't think it matters who created the group. If you send a text to an international number via group or not, I'm pretty sure it will count as an international text.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I just found out using iMessage on the iPhones makes it not apply as international or texting in general.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

That's what I meant, sorry. The two Canadians I am speaking of both have iPhones, therefor I won't be charged.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Kyle8708 wrote:

That's what I meant, sorry. The two Canadians I am speaking of both have iPhones, therefor I won't be charged.

Just to be safe, you might want to go into imessage settings and set "send as SMS" to off. If left on, you might accidentally get charged if iMessage is unable to deliver the text. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks a lot actually. I was afraid of that and wasn't sure what to do about it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.