kosuikoneko's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 4:24 PM

Closed

International Text Messaging?

Hey all.

I have a friend who is in Iraq right now, who also uses an AT&T cellular phone.  He has text messaging, and I'm curious... do I get billed for messaging him internationally, or does it show up on my side as being a domestic/AT&T-to-AT&T text message?  He knows and understands that he gets billed for international texting.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@kosuikoneko wrote:

Hey all.

I have a friend who is in Iraq right now, who also uses an AT&T cellular phone.  He has text messaging, and I'm curious... do I get billed for messaging him internationally, or does it show up on my side as being a domestic/AT&T-to-AT&T text message?  He knows and understands that he gets billed for international texting.

Thanks!

As long as you send the text to an AT&T number it doesn't matter if the recipient's phone is actually abroad, you're billed the same as if it you were at home. For your friend it'll cost $.50 per message to reply though.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

All right.

Thank you!  😃

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@kosuikoneko wrote:

All right.

Thank you!  😃

You're welcome!

Former Moderator

• 

1.2K Messages

15 years ago

kosuikoneko wrote:

All right.

Thank you!  😃

Thank you for taking the time to post your inquiry; I see that dmapr has provided you with helpful information. As he stated, as long as you send a text to an AT&T mobile number, it doesn't matter if  the recipients phone is abroad, you will still be billed the $.20 per text message or it will be deducted from a messaging plan should one be active on your account. Thanks dmapr for your assistance. Please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.