International Text Messaging?

Highlighted

International Text Messaging?

Hey all.

I have a friend who is in Iraq right now, who also uses an AT&T cellular phone.  He has text messaging, and I'm curious... do I get billed for messaging him internationally, or does it show up on my side as being a domestic/AT&T-to-AT&T text message?  He knows and understands that he gets billed for international texting.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: International Text Messaging?

kosuikoneko wrote:

Hey all.

I have a friend who is in Iraq right now, who also uses an AT&T cellular phone.  He has text messaging, and I'm curious... do I get billed for messaging him internationally, or does it show up on my side as being a domestic/AT&T-to-AT&T text message?  He knows and understands that he gets billed for international texting.

Thanks!

As long as you send the text to an AT&T number it doesn't matter if the recipient's phone is actually abroad, you're billed the same as if it you were at home. For your friend it'll cost $.50 per message to reply though.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5

All right.

Thank you!  =)

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

kosuikoneko wrote:

All right.

Thank you!  =)

You're welcome!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Former Moderator

kosuikoneko wrote:

All right.

Thank you!  =)

Thank you for taking the time to post your inquiry; I see that dmapr has provided you with helpful information. As he stated, as long as you send a text to an AT&T mobile number, it doesn't matter if  the recipients phone is abroad, you will still be billed the $.20 per text message or it will be deducted from a messaging plan should one be active on your account. Thanks dmapr for your assistance. Please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support