Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 17, 2008
1:30:29 PM
International Text Messages
Hi:
I remember I had a friend who was an exchange student in Mexico.  I used to text her from here (USA) on my normal AT&T text plan (1500 messages per month), and it did not cost additional to send or receive.  This was about 2 years ago, Is this still the case?  I saw that there is an international text plan, so I am a little confused.

Thanks!

PS:  I doubt it makes any difference, but I also have unlimited PDA data plan.
Hi:
I remember I had a friend who was an exchange student in Mexico.  I used to text her from here (USA) on my normal AT&T text plan (1500 messages per month), and it did not cost additional to send or receive.  This was about 2 years ago, Is this still the case?  I saw that there is an international text plan, so I am a little confused.

Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 17, 2008 3:49:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

cincinnati1020 wrote:
Hi:

Thanks!

The system is supposed to charge you separately for international text messaging, however I've seen cases when it doesn't differentiate properly and bills as a regular text message or applies to plan.

Your data plan may come in handy if your friend has a way of sending an email to SMS, like AT&T does.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

International Text Messages

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 17, 2008 3:49:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

cincinnati1020 wrote:
Hi:

Thanks!

The system is supposed to charge you separately for international text messaging, however I've seen cases when it doesn't differentiate properly and bills as a regular text message or applies to plan.

Your data plan may come in handy if your friend has a way of sending an email to SMS, like AT&T does.

cincinnati1020 wrote:
Hi:

Thanks!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: International Text Messages

2 of 4 (9,712 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2008 7:30:05 PM
(0)
Scholar
Thanks dmapr!!
That's good info to know.
Smiley Happy
Thanks dmapr!!
Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (9,693 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2008 9:37:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

cincinnati1020 wrote:
Thanks dmapr!!
Smiley Happy

You're welcome!

cincinnati1020 wrote:
Thanks dmapr!!
Smiley Happy

You're welcome!

4 of 4 (9,665 Views)