International Text Messages

Highlighted

International Text Messages

Hi:
I remember I had a friend who was an exchange student in Mexico.  I used to text her from here (USA) on my normal AT&T text plan (1500 messages per month), and it did not cost additional to send or receive.  This was about 2 years ago, Is this still the case?  I saw that there is an international text plan, so I am a little confused.

Thanks!

PS:  I doubt it makes any difference, but I also have unlimited PDA data plan.
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: International Text Messages

cincinnati1020 wrote:
Hi:
I remember I had a friend who was an exchange student in Mexico.  I used to text her from here (USA) on my normal AT&T text plan (1500 messages per month), and it did not cost additional to send or receive.  This was about 2 years ago, Is this still the case?  I saw that there is an international text plan, so I am a little confused.

Thanks!

PS:  I doubt it makes any difference, but I also have unlimited PDA data plan.

The system is supposed to charge you separately for international text messaging, however I've seen cases when it doesn't differentiate properly and bills as a regular text message or applies to plan.

Your data plan may come in handy if your friend has a way of sending an email to SMS, like AT&T does.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks dmapr!!
That's good info to know.
Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

cincinnati1020 wrote:
Thanks dmapr!!
That's good info to know.
Smiley Happy

You're welcome!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support