Need your talk or text logs?
dcboyd69's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008 2:20 PM

Closed

Instant Messaging Question????

I have the Unlimited Messaging Family Plan for my phones. If I login to Windows Live IM and stay logged in will there be any charges for me being online all the time? If so, what is the time limit to being logged into IM?

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

Okay, I found how to see and check for the addresses, but the question I have now is that I have the cingular address along as well as the AIM, YIM, and MSN.  The only thing missing (there's no 2) from the IM addresses is the Port number.  Basically, I see "http://aol.cwmim.com" for AIM, "http://yahoo.cwmim.com" for Yahoo, and "http://msn.cwmim.com", so I'm going to have to go on the notion that the port number is vital as well. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

what happens when you put in the port number?

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

hm...is there a separate area where u can put the port number?  for the samsungs it's with the address, but idk about the motorolas.
Message Edited by x35fighter on 02-26-2009 11:38:22 AM

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

Not sure right now.  I have the set-up saved on my computer at the place where I stay at... I'm at work at the current moment. As soon as I get back there I'll post the list so you would also be able to see the view... I'll only post the AIM one though, since the sets were all the same (except the parts that read AIM, yahoo, or msn). 
Message Edited by Vampredator on 02-26-2009 02:10:28 PM

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

Okay, these are my current sets for the AIM application... the proxy address is what I was wondering about as well as the server address.

Server Information
===================
ServAddr:aol.cwmim.com
ServPort:0x0493
ServPostUrl:
ServProxyAddr:wireless.cingular.com:80
ServSmsAddr:
ServTranType:HTTP
ServCspType:XML
ServCmdTimeout:0xEA60
ServClieTime:0x3E8
ServKeepAlivTime:0xE10
ServKeepAlivMinTime:0x1E
ServKeepAlivAntTime:0x1E
ServPollTime:0xA4CB800
ServCirSupport:TRUE
ServLoginMeth:AOL
ServProtoVer:1.1
ServCloseSocketAfterResp:FALSE

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

after googling the proxy address and that port, it seems that they're right.  i don't see any config problems.  idk wut is going on, maybe u should give att a call.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

i have a preinstalled IM on my phone and i just got charged for DATA usage wth anyone help me with my problem?

EDIT

just saw wat to do but i still dont get how to check my IM settings anyone help where do i type in those numbers

Message Edited by hectorgutierrez on 03-01-2009 10:17:30 PM
 EDIT
nvm i just got it now to test it out
Message Edited by hectorgutierrez on 03-01-2009 10:20:31 PM

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

Please see my topic 3G phones requiring data packages for IM messaging.

You will be charged for data. 

I will try this settings configuration, but as of right now I am still skeptical since my bill was over 600.00 because of data charges.

Message Edited by christinaj2009 on 03-04-2009 09:23:35 AM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.