Need your talk or text logs?
poseoli's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 17th, 2016 6:45 PM

I used up 75% of my parents' 10GB plan. Need advice.

I used up too much data only a few days in our monthly cycle. It's my parents' account. I feel bad because it's the holidays and they will be travelling and going out. 

If anything, if the old overage fees still existed, I'd agree to pay for the fees accrued. But with the new overage policy of our data speed going down to 128 kbps, I feel guilty that my parents will have to go through those slow speeds. I could manage since it was my bad.

My question is, is there a way I can temporarily increase our data for the month and how can I do that?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes but only the plan owner can do that. You select a higher level plan and backdate it to start at the beginning of the bill cycle. So for example, you could switch to the 16GB plan for just $10 more than the 10GB plan. Then next month, you can switch back to the 10GB plan. Again, the account owner or someone designated to make changes would have to make the change.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ok I see. i can talk to my parents about that. Is the additional charge JUST $10 or is there another fee? Also what do you mean by "backdate it to start at the beginning of the bill cycle?"

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@poseoli wrote:

Ok I see. i can talk to my parents about that. Is the additional charge JUST $10 or is there another fee? Also what do you mean by "backdate it to start at the beginning of the bill cycle?"

The 10GB plan is $80, the 16 GB plan is $90, so a $10 difference. There are no fees to change your plan. Billing cycle is another way of saying your monthly plan. You are currently in a billing cycle where you have used 75% of your 10GB. By changing to the 16GB plan and making that change effective at the beginning of the bill cycle, that means your current month has 16GB to use, not 10GB. Hope that makes sense.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@poseoli   Gotta love ATT take on this idea.  So little money, but a big bump in data.  And what you don't use does roll over.  But you will lose rollover when you change data plan.  

Verizon allows you to purchase a "data boost" of 1 gig for $15.  Um, isn't that just a self imposed overage charge?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.