Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 1, 2012
1:02:25 PM
I cant receive text messages sent form Skype or from email on my LG Thrive GoPhone

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2012 2:06:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Finally talked to a really GREAT support persom at AT&T Customer Care (for Go-Phones) --- you have to be really persistent to all the messages & responses to actually get to a "live" person ... and probably lucky to find one that has the ANSWER to your problem on the tip of his tongue !   He said that my problem was that ALERTS was activated on my phone but OFF on AT&T' system.  He switched  it to ON on the AT&T side & had me try an e-mail text to myphonenumber@txt.att.net which immediately came up on my Go-Phone as a Text message.  Thanks to this unknown support person & to "ilikewireless" on this Forum who was equally persistent in replying to me !

Accepted Solution

I cant receive text messages sent form Skype or from email on my LG Thrive GoPhone

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 4:32:57 PM
(0)
Professor
In ascending order of difficulty, and based on my personal experience, the order is:
1. Phone to phone (easiest)
2. Phone to e-mail.
3. E-mail to phone texting (hardest or no go).

Communication success depends on the sending end and the receiving end. For text and picture messaging, there is the HUGE Internet that connects the two ends.
In ascending order of difficulty, and based on my personal experience, the order is:
1. Phone to phone (easiest)
2. Phone to e-mail.
3. E-mail to phone texting (hardest or no go).

Communication success depends on the sending end and the receiving end. For text and picture messaging, there is the HUGE Internet that connects the two ends.

Re: I cant receive text messages sent form Skype or from email on my LG Thrive GoPhone

2 of 9 (2,332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 6:44:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I can send Skype texts to 10 different folks on different carriers plus one to my LG Thrive GoPhone on AT&T .... everyone gets the text except me.   Likewise I can email a text to the same 10 different folks plus one to my LG Thrive GoPhone. ... they all work except the one to my GoPhone.  It certainly looks like either AT&T or the LG phone blocks or does not support such texts.

I can send Skype texts to 10 different folks on different carriers plus one to my LG Thrive GoPhone on AT&T .... everyone gets the text except me.   Likewise I can email a text to the same 10 different folks plus one to my LG Thrive GoPhone. ... they all work except the one to my GoPhone.  It certainly looks like either AT&T or the LG phone blocks or does not support such texts.

Re: I cant receive text messages sent form Skype or from email on my LG Thrive GoPhone

3 of 9 (2,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 7:52:17 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Sep 2, 2012 at 7:55:35 PM

The LG Thrive is a great phone that I own too. It seems as if the AT&T facility near your town had hiccups.

You should report the issue to AT&T.

The LG Thrive is a great phone that I own too. It seems as if the AT&T facility near your town had hiccups.

You should report the issue to AT&T.

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (2,312 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 8:02:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

How does one report anything to AT&T .... this forum is the first place I have found that I can actually have anything to say ... and I thought this WAS AT&T ... all the Help & Support options just want to deal with FAQ ....

How does one report anything to AT&T .... this forum is the first place I have found that I can actually have anything to say ... and I thought this WAS AT&T ... all the Help & Support options just want to deal with FAQ ....

5 of 9 (2,302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 8:03:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
... bit I do appreciate YOUR help !
... bit I do appreciate YOUR help !

6 of 9 (2,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 11:25:30 PM
(0)
Professor
You're welcome Smiley Very Happy

Power cycling your phone may help sometimes.
You're welcome Smiley Very Happy

Power cycling your phone may help sometimes.

7 of 9 (2,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2012 2:06:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Finally talked to a really GREAT support persom at AT&T Customer Care (for Go-Phones) --- you have to be really persistent to all the messages & responses to actually get to a "live" person ... and probably lucky to find one that has the ANSWER to your problem on the tip of his tongue !   He said that my problem was that ALERTS was activated on my phone but OFF on AT&T' system.  He switched  it to ON on the AT&T side & had me try an e-mail text to myphonenumber@txt.att.net which immediately came up on my Go-Phone as a Text message.  Thanks to this unknown support person & to "ilikewireless" on this Forum who was equally persistent in replying to me !

8 of 9 (2,212 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2012 9:39:05 PM
(0)
Professor
You're welcome Smiley Very Happy. Glad that you got it resolved.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the automated customer care line. Your persistence finally pays off!
You're welcome Smiley Very Happy. Glad that you got it resolved.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the automated customer care line. Your persistence finally pays off!

9 of 9 (2,139 Views)