Need your talk or text logs?
dkeith_812's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 1st, 2012 8:02 PM

I cant receive text messages sent form Skype or from email on my LG Thrive GoPhone

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Finally talked to a really GREAT support persom at AT&T Customer Care (for Go-Phones) --- you have to be really persistent to all the messages & responses to actually get to a "live" person ... and probably lucky to find one that has the ANSWER to your problem on the tip of his tongue !   He said that my problem was that ALERTS was activated on my phone but OFF on AT&T' system.  He switched  it to ON on the AT&T side & had me try an e-mail text to myphonenumber@txt.att.net which immediately came up on my Go-Phone as a Text message.  Thanks to this unknown support person & to "ilikewireless" on this Forum who was equally persistent in replying to me !

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

In ascending order of difficulty, and based on my personal experience, the order is:
1. Phone to phone (easiest)
2. Phone to e-mail.
3. E-mail to phone texting (hardest or no go).

Communication success depends on the sending end and the receiving end. For text and picture messaging, there is the HUGE Internet that connects the two ends.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I can send Skype texts to 10 different folks on different carriers plus one to my LG Thrive GoPhone on AT&T .... everyone gets the text except me.   Likewise I can email a text to the same 10 different folks plus one to my LG Thrive GoPhone. ... they all work except the one to my GoPhone.  It certainly looks like either AT&T or the LG phone blocks or does not support such texts.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

The LG Thrive is a great phone that I own too. It seems as if the AT&T facility near your town had hiccups.

You should report the issue to AT&T.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

How does one report anything to AT&T .... this forum is the first place I have found that I can actually have anything to say ... and I thought this WAS AT&T ... all the Help & Support options just want to deal with FAQ ....

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

... bit I do appreciate YOUR help !

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome 😄

Power cycling your phone may help sometimes.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome :D. Glad that you got it resolved.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the automated customer care line. Your persistence finally pays off!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.