For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
jenna925's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, August 20th, 2009 1:25 AM

Closed

I Want To Text A Picture To My Email?

I have a picture on my LG Xenon that I want to send to my computer. I don't want to mobile email it, and I don't want it to cost extra. I want to be able to text the picture as a multimedia message to my email address. Someone told me the following:

add your email address as a contact.

text the picture to the contact.

Is that true? And could I have more accurate instructions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@jenna925 wrote:

I have a picture on my LG Xenon that I want to send to my computer. I don't want to mobile email it, and I don't want it to cost extra. I want to be able to text the picture as a multimedia message to my email address. Someone told me the following:

add your email address as a contact.

text the picture to the contact.

Is that true? And could I have more accurate instructions?

Yes. That is the way.

Technically a "text" message is called an SMS message.

A picture message, which is what you want to send, is called an MMS message.

So if you have the choice on your phone, you should should select MMS and then select the picture to email.

Some phones you simply click on the picture and then select MMS and then select the contact's email address from your address book. Then hit send.

Good luck.

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

15 years ago

Yes its true and that easy.  If you send a MMS (picture message) to an email address it will be chaged as a standard MMS.

In the field for the phone number you just put the email address instead.  Some phones will allow you to directly type the email address, some phones you have to do it from the address book.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.