For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Ruben346's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 1st, 2014 3:19 PM

How to stop data an aim or instant messaging on sons phone?

My son has gone overboard with data an textes I took his phone away he earned it back now I notice he ordered 2mega or giga bytes for data on his phone his textes have gone to almost null an void an his data usage has gone down I see he has aim instant messaging an yahoo messaging on his lg neon I believe he is bieng sneaky an using his data to access these features an sending messages via aim yahoo messenger or some other feature he is on probation with me if he's violating are agreement of no messaging at school or from phone only through text or mms within his limits I believe he has found a loop
Hole to over message an I can't see it, also his phone has new features he never had on it befor like instant picture messaging text forwarding etc etc basically there's a new screen on his phone I've noticed he hides his phone when using it I observed him uaing it an the reflection showed him on some instant messaging page how can I block these an remove his data privilege !oh I ddnt mention he originally had a iphone 5 he is bieng punished bye using lg neon an will recieve his iphone back if he follows the no data no instant messaging aim etc etc rules can somebody help?????

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

Smart limits will cost ya 5 bucks per month but you can limit data usage or turn it off all together, you can also block purchases and i beleive if memory serves me correct you can limit different options by time of day.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

heres the info

Recommended for: 

Parents

Individuals

Seniors

FEATURES

• Block Unwanted Calls/Texts: block up to '30' numbers, including 411
  • Manage Usage: set monthly limits
    1. Text limits
    1. Mobile purchase limits
  • Set Time Restrictions: restrict texting, data usage and outbound calling during specified times of day

As the user approaches the usage/spending limits you have set, he/she will receive an advance warning. Once a limit is reached, there will be a notification that the action is restricted and that the service will be stopped until the next billing cycle begins.

Calls and text messages to and from phone numbers you designate as “Allowed Numbers” and calls to and from 911 will continue to be permitted regardless of the limits you set.

COST

$4.99/month per line

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Smart Limits Terms shows "do(es) not enable or prevent the use of instant messaging sent/received using Over the Top (OTT) applications (e.g., iMessages, WhatsApp, etc), MMS messaging or Video Share."

It'll help with texting, but it won't with other services.

Many phones have parental control apps you can download to limit apps like AIM.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.